In my defense, it was free!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Ya'all remember this mess, right?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=314070

Just spend the better part of the day dragging home a free Coleman tent trailer. "The plan" is to use some parts to fix the one I have, strip out the rest, and build it into a small, lightweight, flatbed/ box trailer "for small jobs"

The top hoist system is AFU, and after dragging it into the back yard just as darkness fell, I got the top hoisted up about 18" just enough to crawl inside and get busy junking it out (tomorrow.) The top may or may not be better than mine, and the canvas appears to be at least "some usable." It was GARAGE STORED so even if it leaks, it is not moldy inside!!! Someone "remodeled" the interior a bit, and the LP cook top is gone. HEY!!! I ain't bitchin!!

NO TITLE. And.......ya don't need one in this state for a utility trailer.

Attachments

• 00E0E_6OdkBCs587S_600x450.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 355
  • 00K0K_4YdR3RUgUQZ_600x450.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 00Q0Q_9XlVKZ2IulZ_600x450.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 01212_e9ErHSeViCD_600x450.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 357
The good thing is it has a fiberglass top, it may be savable.
Cheap small campers are a premium around here, might be able to make some money on it if you are smart.

Stephanie would have been all over that for a utility trailer.
Glad you got it because I have enough things going on already. :D

Well this morning got a start on junking it out. The hoist system in the trailer is toast. All I could "get" last night was to jack it up with a pair of bumper jacks about 18". That did give me enough room to crawl inside and pull the canvas down, and unbolt the corner posts. IF JUST ONE corner post is good, it will be worth the effort

"Sometimes" you just have to "rig" stuff LOL

The top photos were uploaded to a hosting site. The bottom series were uploaded direct to FABO. I can NOT figure out why the site screws up photos or what to do about it

6odcfo.jpg

mcqmhu.jpg

245dbg9.jpg

2j17lt3.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_8376cs.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 284
  • _MG_8375cs.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 277
  • _MG_8371cs.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 281
  • _MG_8368cs.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 277
  • _MG_8367cs.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 279
How good does the top fit the truck?

How good does the top fit the truck?

I did not look very hard. The top may be toast. They are a sandwich. Some years are aluminum, the ones that pretty much drove Coleman out of the trailer business were ABS and there were lots of warrantee problems. This one MAY be glass, I' ain't sure. They are a sandwich of the top material, some foam, and a "wood product." This one is all bubbled in places underneath, so it's been at least partially leaking. It was in a garage long enough, that the interior is not moldy

I doubt I'll use this top....probably scrap it. It's too big for the other trailer which is shorter.

I'm out awhile.......to get the last bed assy out of the thing.

Got a bit more done before "I am beat" this aft. Got some of the "cabinetry" LOL. This was crude, remodel, homemade plywood........in other words, about what I'd do, LOL. And hoisted the tongue on the Farmall so tomorrow or next day I can start pulling the corner posts and hoist mechanism out of it. This stuff will (hopefully) find it's way into my other popup project

Attachments

• _MG_8377cs.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 250
  • _MG_8379cs.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 245
You are a hardy soul.
Years ago I was given one that size.
It was custom fabricated and walls that folded up after the fiberglass canopy was deployed via winch .
I would say it was nicer than this one and needed no work.
We used it a couple of times and to tell you the truth it was cramped and more trouble than it was worth for me.
I just hate to think you may spend your time on this and find that out.

I bet your neighbors call you "that old guy with all the crap in his yard" lol

Well yesterday was nice, and sunny. Got a lot done. This morning, not so. It was raining when I came in. But now, "it's a basic" flatbed. I'll add stuff as I go...take pockets and side racks, tie down eyes, and of course the first thing is lights. I am NOT one of those guys you see driving down the street with no lights, and the trailer coupler dragging the ground!!!

Attachments

• 8375cs.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 8376cs.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 154
That came out nice, Del. You'll get to try it out soon I bet.

-
Back