[SOLD] In need of 8 3/4 axle adjustment lock down tab!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, just pulled the axles and center section out of my SBP 8 3/4 rear with 489 chunk because it was leaking at the center section and because i wanted to diagnose a "growling" noise while driving.

well, everything looks good, and everything looks fairly new (previous owner had the rear end rebuilt some time before i purchased the duster back in 09).....however, I did not find a axle adjustment lock down tab in there and it appears noone ever set the adjustment on the axles (id guess close to a 1/4" of endplay on each axle) which would explain the growling noise i was hearing from the bearings not riding centered on the races and the axle adjusters riding on the axle hubs.

anyhow, sorry to get into so much detail on what the issue was.......end result is, I am in need of the metal tab the bolts to the axle mounting flange that locks the adjustment ring in place for the axle adjustment (not sure of the actual name for the part). I found a new one with bolt on ebay for $10.00 but that pretty prices for a small chunk of metal ....so I was hoping maybe someone here on fabo had one laying around or stuffed in a bucket of nuts and bolts that they wouldnt mind getting rid of and work me a good deal on!.

I am trying to finish the duster up finally and am working through all the kinks and getting it road ready and reliable. the sooner the better.

Please post on here or send me a PM and let me know ,thank you in advance!

ill use that as a last resort. but if someone has one laying around i could get....that would save me a little time dinking around that I could be spending in other areas.

thanks for the tip though

Just to clarify, I think one of these is what I am missing. I would appreciate it if someone has one that they don't need. I need to get the reared all put back together so I can move on to other areas of the project. Let me know,thanks

4a04be85.jpg

609d6365.jpg

I think that I have a couple laying on the shelf. I'll look when I get home from vacation.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I can only find them on ebay with a roughly estimated delivery date of 10 days from purchase to my address. Not to mention $15.00 for basically a washer sounds a little ridiculous, so I was hoping maybe a member had one sitting around they are not using that a deal could be worked out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back