In need of Tall Valve Cover w/Baffles

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
I installed a new set of valve cover about 3 months ago with baffles just to find out that the roller rockers we hitting the baffles. After looking around I found a set that says :

Mr. Gasket 9806 Valve Cover Mopar, Tall

Does anyone know if this is the correct set to order, if not what are my other choices.

Please help...

Richard

I installed a new set of valve cover about 3 months ago with baffles just to find out that the roller rockers we hitting the baffles. After looking around I found a set that says :

Mr. Gasket 9806 Valve Cover Mopar, Tall

Does anyone know if this is the correct set to order, if not what are my other choices.

Please help...

Richard

My adjusters hit the baffles in my stock valve covers. I was able to dent the baffles with a hammer and a drift, which worked until I put a cam with more lift in.

Now, I am going to use a small hole saw to cut some holes in the baffles just large enough to allow the adjusters to protrude through the baffles at max lift.

Rockers3.JPG

Go to Hughes engines and look at their Tech articles. They tell you how to rework stock valve covers to make them fit.

I cant rework any of ones that I have because I removed all baffles and just put them back on in order to have a set without baffles. So am looking for a new set that are tall enough with out reworking and be able to user breather and PCV on the other side. Thanks

-
Back