in the quest for DIY

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
in a quest for trying to do everything on my car myself......

what is the best ...cheapest way to do exhaust ....i was thinking that summit has kits available but i have applications that will require a bit more custom work than what the kit has ...i was thinking how to get around it.

the kit from summit would work for me from the trans cross member back but for in front of that i need something a bit different.

so i was at harbour freight and i was looking at a pipe bender ...has anyone ever tried to use something like this for exhaust pipe before ...and also ....anyone know an online source for pipe flanges amd related stuff?

i dont live anywhere near an exhaust shop plus i have a lot of cars .....and i have a big problem taking my car to a shop and leaving it with them for days and who knows what they are up to.......im not very trusting of shops. just watch Ferris beauler.

Attachments

• image_18569.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 0804_4wd_07_z+suzuki_samurai_suspension_upgrade+pipe_bending.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 214
their designed for thick wall pipe and will flatten thin wall exhaust tubing.more for roll bar and roll cage pipe.don't waste your money

The problem with those type of benders, is that they tend to crush the pipe if you make more than a very slight bend... Mandrel bent is what you want, but thats mega money for those. I have found you can buy pre-bent 45s and 90s, and cut and weld whatever you need..

The problem with those type of benders, is that they tend to crush the pipe if you make more than a very slight bend... Mandrel bent is what you want, but thats mega money for those. I have found you can buy pre-bent 45s and 90s, and cut and weld whatever you need..

is there an online source?

Probally summit racing or jegs... but I buy mine at the local NAPA store, no shipping!

-
Back