Inboard springs, stock gas tank, dual exhaust

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone with inboarded springs and stock gas tank running dual exhaust care to share how you ran the tailpipes please? I prefer full length tailpipes but want to tuck them up as high as I can and can’t decide where to position them.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

How much room do you have? Pics? Do you have a good exhaust shop around?

I think mine were similar to this but without the tips.
Lets see your exhaust systems with relocated leaf spring

26a3d33f-944d-4de6-90f9-3ed96e3accf2-jpeg.jpg

1469315895_zpsvlrz5syo-jpg.jpg

You can see it here, the stock gas tank fits just fine, these are 3" pipes out the back. If I did it again, I would have them go through the springs and exit outboard of them like in post 3 above.

20220319_114842.jpg

10.50's through the exhaust. Sounded pretty good. Hooked the tail pipes into the turn downs in front of the rear. Noise and exhaust still came out the back for Pa. state inspection

Steve 061.JPG

dus1.jpg

spoiler pics 660.jpg

image1.jpg

New pics 374.jpg

You can see it here, the stock gas tank fits just fine, these are 3" pipes out the back. If I did it again, I would have them go through the springs and exit outboard of them like in post 3 above.

View attachment 1716070470
Yeah, that was my first thought but decided I didn’t want the tailpipes hanging that low. Looks like I’ll be going through the spring and straight back outboard off the springs.

Thanks,
Bill

Here is how I got around it using off-the-shelf stuff. The Summit-brand exhaust system has slip fits in the tailpipes directly over the axle, allowing easy clocking of the back half to go outside the frame rail. I bought the 2-1/2" system; I don't know if they made/make a 3" or not.

The exhaust pipe is further away from the 275/50R-15 drag radial than the stock wheel house.

100_3615.JPG

100_3617.JPG

-
Back