inconsistent clutch travel

-

BrandunLee

Reaction score
Ok so i just had a new clutch put in my 1974 Plymouth Duster. The old clutch had a really smooth and consistent travel when pressing and releasing the clutch pedal. The new clutch has a smooth travel for about 70 to 80 percent of the way down and then it hits the floor, the same when releasing. when it hits the floor the clutch is fully disengaged. when i release the clutch it pops back a little and then i can control how much the clutch engages. it just feels different to me because this is my first car and only manual transmission car i have ever driven. any answers will be much appreciated.

when you replaced the clutch was the pressure plate replaced also
had same kind of problem with mine and it was pressure the plate I took out was 3 finger plate when I replaced it with diaphrgram style.
that type required removal of clutch pedal spring in car

If your overall pedal pressure seems lighter then before, it's likely you installed a "diaphragm" style pressure plate. Nothing wrong with that, but the spring removal should cure your issue.

There's some drama in this thread :D, but it may help you understand what we're talking about.......

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=115061

Oh, sorry about that.....Welcome to FABO!!!

-
Back