industrial slant question or two

-

cdnEHbody

Reaction score
Industrial slant 6....one popped up for sale near me. Refreshed top to bottom internallyincluding paint and still on the pallet from the place that did them at the time. Late 70s or so.

Now, for. What I read the block is the same. Accessories from my car would need to be swapped. The crank hub on the back looks like it was around 1.5 inches from what my crappy tape measure could read. I'd assume it's a no go for my 71 valiant as this is an older engine then and I need the bigger hub for my 904. He only wanted 400 bucks....

Measure that crank counterbore more carefully. '67-down is 1-1/4", and '68-up is 1-1/2". You can use a 1-1/2" (later) crank in front of a '67-down torque converter by dint of an adaptor ring that's not hard or expensive to get. You cannot use a 1-1/4" (earlier) crank in front of a 1-1/2" (later) torque converter, and you cannot swap in the earlier torque converter without also changing other transmission hard parts.

Other than that: Yep, everything's the same. Swap on your car-type bolt-ons (oil pan and pickup, dipstick and tube, etc) and off you go.

Excellent info. I have a set of calipers. I'll take them with me. I think hhe'd take even less for it. Might have to buy it....so purdy looking. I'llupdate this thread with a pic of the counter bore and my caliper.

I dunno, but in the spirit of the new motor, his '71 will be out in the warehouse loading up pallets! And it will never get washed again....

-
Back