Indy 360-1 Cylinder heads on small block LA's

-

Jax

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is your experience and what can you share about these heads installed on a 410 or bigger stroker engine.

I have decided to purchase these heads on my new engine, and would like to have more insight towards them in regards to CNC porting performed, amount of HP reached, CFM reached, compression ratio etc....

Good questions! I don’t have a pair myself. Ever did. I actually only seen one set on a bench at Replicarracer43’s shop. I’ve seen a set of two on a car but you really only see the outside of them. MIs of the owners can’t answer any of my questions about them. They just look at me with a retarded look in their eyes or say my head guy took care of it all for me. (No real foul there and it’s honest!)

How is the Indy CNC porting job?
Valve job?
Anybody here port these heads?
What’s available for rocker arms and from whom?

Mine are the oval port -2s and they were a marketplace special. I took them apart, measured everything and retouched the valve job, but they had allready been ported pretty nice. (By hand, NOT cnc) if I recall correctly, these flowed mid 320s at .650 on my bench, so they are very capable. Good enough for my combo, so I didn't do any further work on them. Since new owners have bought INDY, the customer service has been much better, and I expect the quality has improved also. We just recently got a pair of 426 hemi heads from them, and they are very nice, zero quality issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set from them.

Good questions! I don’t have a pair myself. Ever did. I actually only seen one set on a bench at Replicarracer43’s shop. I’ve seen a set of two on a car but you really only see the outside of them. MIs of the owners can’t answer any of my questions about them. They just look at me with a retarded look in their eyes or say my head guy took care of it all for me. (No real foul there and it’s honest!)

How is the Indy CNC porting job?
Valve job?
Anybody here port these heads?
What’s available for rocker arms and from whom?
A guy down the road use to port them all by hand, 360-1, 440-1, B1............. He's retired now spends most of his time in the mountains fishing and hunting.
He pops in here every now and then. lol

Best heads I ever ran. CNC ported

DSCN0134.JPG

DSCN0135 (2).JPG

DSCN0136 (2).JPG

DSCN0137 (2).JPG

the cnc´d version of the 360-1s are often leakers in the exhaust port as far as i know. I did some research because i want to run a set on my car, just bought a new, unmolested set that will be ported at IMM engine. Swap is planned during winter time, so no results at the moment.

Michael

I just can’t seem to keep that tid bit of info in my head.
Thanks

Ha ha ha ha….. he said “STOMP!”

FACTS ^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and price out some T&D rockers as I’m not sure anyone else supplies the rockers. I upgraded from the old Indy rockers which I heard are no longer available to a used on the dyno once set that will be going on when I use them again.

Do yourself a favor and price out some T&D rockers as I’m not sure anyone else supplies the rockers. I upgraded from the old Indy rockers which I heard are no longer available to a used on the dyno once set that will be going on when I use them again.
I thought the indys just simply used big block rockers? Mine had rockers allready, so I'm not sure

Thanks for the info. From what I understood from Indy, they are providing T&D rockers with their assembled heads

T&D are great rocker systems. Hughes is another option above which retail for $1,130.
Stay away from the original Indy rockers for the 360-1 and 360-2 heads. They have been known to fail.

Last edited:
the cnc´d version of the 360-1s are often leakers in the exhaust port as far as i know. I did some research because i want to run a set on my car, just bought a new, unmolested set that will be ported at IMM engine. Swap is planned during winter time, so no results at the moment.

Michael
So, this parts is interesting to me. It was my impression that the differences are in the intake port shape, and the exhaust ports on -1 and -2 versions are the same.

I think when a guy is trying to step into this level, the price of rockers shouldn't deter him. Quality costs, and T&D are really nice parts. Even harland sharp aluminum rockers are north of 1000 bucks nowdays
FACTS ^^^^^^^^

When stepping up into stuff like the Indy heads, prices go up and it should surprise no one. If the cost of the rockers scared anyone it’s because they didn’t see the price of the heads first. The Indy intake ain’t cheap ether! But what a piece.

The Indy 360-1 top end package comes with T+D rockers
5 grand for the whole 9 yards seems like a fair price to me, but that's me

-
Back