Indy head bolts...

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I have a set of Indy 360-2 heads I'm installing on my stroker. How the heck do ya get a socket on the nuts of the 2 which are second in from each end on the intake side? I am running ARP studs, the socket size is 3/4" for the nuts and right now the only way a socket is getting on those nuts is if I remove a spring. And I don't really want to do that if I can help it. Grind a socket down to clear? Probably won't be sturdy enough to torque with after. Ideas anyone? Thanks

I have a set of Indy 360-2 heads I'm installing on my stroker. How the heck do ya get a socket on the nuts of the 2 which are second in from each end on the intake side? I am running ARP studs, the socket size is 3/4" for the nuts and right now the only way a socket is getting on those nuts is if I remove a spring. And I don't really want to do that if I can help it. Grind a socket down to clear? Probably won't be sturdy enough to torque with after. Ideas anyone? Thanks
Sounds like you have the set for the stock heads. You need to get the set designed for the Eddy heads. (Ask me how I know)

I would call arp and ask them. When I got my head stud kit, I ordered it for x heads. I changed heads to Eddys and called up arp, paid the cost for the required nuts and boom Eddys heads bolted on!

You could also try an impact, thin wall socket.

You can order singles from summit #ARP-300-8304 $2.58 ea.

Are those the same nuts that come in a 12pt kit for the mains? 1/2" studs there too? I have a kit I haven't used since my girdle came with ARP fasteners. If so I could rob that package of nuts. I'm away at work right now so I can't check.

-
Back