Indy heads which ones ????

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
Can Anyone Tell Me Which year , Stage Indy Heads These pics are the Only current Info I have Got Owner doesent Know And He is away for a few Days, So I thought I would Look here in the Meantime To See if they are Worth Buying Thanx

Attachments

• 328425788.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 566
  • 328426245.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 530
  • 328426297.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 551
Or SR1's ported to max wedge ports. They look to be older castings by the Indy logo's.
The newer ones the Indy logo is raised. At least thats how mine are. The old tunnel ram i had was resesed like those.
And it looks like they have the craptastic Indy rockers. Do some research before running those rockers.

Or SR1's ported to max wedge ports. They look to be older castings by the Indy logo's.
The newer ones the Indy logo is raised. At least thats how mine are. The old tunnel ram i had was resesed like those.
And it looks like they have the craptastic Indy rockers. Do some research before running those rockers.

No worries, what do you Rekon they are worth in USD, Are There modern versions of these , and How would you rate These, Thanx

Yep Just Scored Them after a month of messing around , With loads of other parts as in Pic
can someone tell me whats the two alloy rail things are on the left of Picture 1 Thanx

You mean that "rev kit" in the 2nd picture from the top? At least it looks like a rev kit, anyways. S/F....Ken M

A friend bought INDY heads for his stroker this spring....soon as he fired it up, hydraulic a cylinder. A port had a pin hole letting water into the cylinder..... later was told 1 out of 20 heads is a leaker?
So, that was April or so....he is still waiting for a fix/ replacement/ or? wow cash like that and nada.
So, I bought his 440 source heads...he ran them for a year, now I run them...no problems.....all this despite what has been said about both head companies. It true...every one can have an issue, what's in a name anyway? Just say'in :)

Looks like a rev kit, as I said. Have any casting numbers or anything on it? Any springs come with it? Isky makes one for the mopar BB, they're the only ones I know. S/F....Ken M

Looks like a rev kit, as I said. Have any casting numbers or anything on it? Any springs come with it? Isky makes one for the mopar BB, they're the only ones I know. S/F....Ken M

Never Knew there was such a Thing , You Would want a Serious revver to warrant these,

They are still on route Should have them here Next week

These hi-rev kit plates are designed in the event that you break a lifter or push rod. These plates along with rev-kit springs prevent the lifter from jumping out of the lifter bore and causing further damage.

Also, the theory is that they're nice for running a solid roller on the street, as it keeps the roller on the cam at all times, the lash is on the pushrod side, which prevents skidding the roller. S/F.....Ken M

A friend bought INDY heads for his stroker this spring....soon as he fired it up, hydraulic a cylinder. A port had a pin hole letting water into the cylinder..... later was told 1 out of 20 heads is a leaker?
So, that was April or so....he is still waiting for a fix/ replacement/ or? wow cash like that and nada.
So, I bought his 440 source heads...he ran them for a year, now I run them...no problems.....all this despite what has been said about both head companies. It true...every one can have an issue, what's in a name anyway? Just say'in :)

Thanx for the heads up , I will get them pressure tested first

Also, the theory is that they're nice for running a solid roller on the street, as it keeps the roller on the cam at all times, the lash is on the pushrod side, which prevents skidding the roller. S/F.....Ken M

I was told these are pretty old school, are they used anymore, would like info on how they were setup

Well, they're pretty much obsolete for racing, with the development of modern springs and decent rocker gear. But like I said, they seem to be smart for solid rollers on the street.

Setup is gonna depend on who made it. You have 16 springs, which fit on the lifters and keep the lifters on the cam lobes, the plate fastens to the block in the lifter gallery in some fashion. S/F.....Ken M

No Part # but say ISKY Roller Tappet Chrysler B Inglewood Cal Patent Pending Yep they came with some Roller Lifters & Springs But Lifters are rusty

Jim, your pop was a cool old dude.

As the story goes........They put that engine in the car and took it out on the track. The driver came back in and said, "Take some horsepower out!"

They are 440-1 heads.Looks like it. Mark

Hi Mark , They arrived a couple of days ago , Yes they are 440-1 Bought second hand but never run But I dont know what cc they are, The intakes are 2.25 massive bought unseen took a gamble , now I am wondering are they overkill for my 383 stroker street /strip build ,

Estimated max these can put out is 830 HP Estimated

With a 4.280 bore I think the 2.25 valve will hit the cylinder wall around .600" lift, if not before. It's pretty easy to check. Install the valves in one combustion chamber with checking springs, set the head on the block and just push the valve down until it hits the cylinder wall.

A 2.30 valve hits the cylinder wall at .680" in a 4.380 bore.

With a 4.280 bore I think the 2.25 valve will hit the cylinder wall around .600" lift, if not before. It's pretty easy to check. Install the valves in one combustion chamber with checking springs, set the head on the block and just push the valve down until it hits the cylinder wall.

A 2.30 valve hits the cylinder wall at .680" in a 4.380 bore.

I am Aiming at a 496 stroker 4.310 bore ,. with 590 lift solid cam

-
Back