indy swap meet

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
called and talked to Deanna and she sent me a list of the commercial vendors that are scheduled to be there. she also said that they have sold all the swap spaces, whick she said was a 1st for that. i can post the list but will see if i am allowed to do that 1st.

Headed down there in a few minutes, should be there in a couple of hours. Got to make a stop along the way though.

Have a /6 flywheel that needs resurfacing and a 12 hp Kohler block and crank for my cub cadet, that needs a visit w/a machine shop......

Wasted day.
Drive down in wind driven heavy rain. Took me almost 2x as long as usual to get there. (4-1/2 hours) cost me $10 to drive In the gate. Another $30 for 2 of us to walk in the building. Another $17 for 3 food items. A pretzel ( my wife wanted) an order of fries for the 2 yo grandson and a fountain pop for all 3 of us to share. Plus a whole tank of gas there and back. That's before I looked at my first booth of for sale items. Plenty of vendors but not as many spectators for Friday as we're there last year.
$40 just to get you in the door is nothing short of ridiculous.
I bought 1 item, a steering column for a stick shift 80s truck. There were 3 among different sellers, didn't buy the 1st one, said I'd look around. Asking $150 and looked like it had been thru a war.
I bought the 2nd one for $50 and it was in much better shape than the first one. Then I saw one of our members here in the other building that had one there but since I'd already bought the one I did I didn't even ask him how much. But I was wishing I'd have seen his first (or even 2nd) or I'd have bought his instead of the one that I did. Then the drive home in a snowstorm.
At least I ran into less construction and accidents in the way home vs on the way there.

Imagine the weather is questionable in Indianapolis this time of year.

Mopar Super Swap (Melbourne FL) on the 24 & 25th of Feb. was a great time. Met up with some great people at the show, found 3 carbs I was looking for at unheard of reasonable prices.

Exchanged some parts that were shipped down from Minnesota that they were expecting.

Met a young man 16 years old (and his grandpa). The 16 year old started up his vehicle import business on his own single handedly. Offered him words of wisdom and benefits of being a young entrepreneur, he was smiling the whole time.

Here is the mini Honda pickup he imported from Japan, and has others in the works coming this way.

Also the brand new Stromberg in the box carb... spotless, great price too.

20230225_124914.jpg

Screenshot_20230225-081915_Firefox.jpg

Good Time had by all. Nice part no coat required and only 15 minute drive to get to the show. Free Parking, Free Gate.

Go every year...

20230225_124257.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

-
Back