Infinity G- coupes are quick!

-
330 hp, 270 ft. lbs of torque and a curb weight of 3600 to 3800 lbs. They shouldn't be that quick. You should have smoked him.

My thoughts exactly.It just dawned on me the other day to look up how little the fish weighs and with a 416 stroker it would have a 6-1 power / weight ratio. Usually anything under 10-1 is pretty stout.

From hear say I've heard that the Infinitis aren't really that quick. I think the paddle shift is a great idea myself. I've sat in a Honda that had the paddle shift and I could tell that "driver to shifter transaction" would be much quicker that a floor shifter.

Welll, not really all that soon... more like now. The new laguna seca (spelling?) mustangs come with two different keys... and the computer goes into normal driving with one key or "sport/race" mode when you use the other key. :angry7:
I know right? "Wanna race?" "Hold on, I gotta pull over and switch keys" LOL!:toothy10:

The Infinity Gs and the Nissan Zs can be quick, but I've never really seen a 450hp VQ35 engine in person before, costs alot of money to even get that far. Like the most the average person will see is just one with new exhaust and cold intake. So generic, its bland:angry7:

**** a good electric fule injection kit is 5 grand for a mopar..
and I doubt his car would ever do a wheely :p

I'd like paddle shifters better than the lame auto stick that chrysler had. I had that in a Pacifica, never did work right always shifted to the higher gear before I did.

This should make everyone feel better.

Not exactly the same car but close enough.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uIr5KZXjE8"]YouTube - 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT vs 1970 Plymouth Duster[/ame]

This is my "punkbuster"...

I rarely drive it, but I have a good deal of work and money into it.
And it's effing FAST! She's got an aftermarket traction control system, many turbo/engine upgrades, full timing/fuel control a complete adjustable coil over suspension and it gets 26 mpg in 6th on long highway trips.

This car is going to be converted to RWD with full chassis and my r3 within the next couple years and will be an insane wheels-up terror.
This is my next project after completion of the POS Dakota.

Attachments

• POS Caliber.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 86
He might have been down on horsepower, but with 7 speeds, he probably made that up in gear reduction. Ratio's I found online show a final drive of 3.357 and transmission ratios of 4.923, 3.193, 2.042, 1.411, 1, 0.862 and 0.771.

If your car has 3.55's, 3.09 first gear, and your motor makes 400 ft/lbs, his 270 ft/lb motor puts more to the ground in first than you do. 4387 vs. 4462. He loses this advantage in each higher gear, but in the mean time, he is closer to his peak torque longer than you are.

Might not win in the end, but stop light to stop light, the ratio's might make it a car to deal with.

Just pointing out that there is more to the story than how much hp someone makes.

Funny how many knuckleheads can't read and comprehend the original post.

DionR, I think you just confused alot of people with common sense.

-
Back