Info on small mopar mechanical cam

-

raymond

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone got any info on the Mopar mechanical cam P4529346 ? I think it may actually be discontinued, there's not much info available on it. It is 276/276 advertised 235 @.050" .490" lift with 112 lsa. I was mainly interested in what it runs and idles like and how much manifold vacuum it has at idle, I am after something fairly mild as I want this engine to have some manners.
I was running a retrofit Crane hyd/ roller but I am having oil pressure problems with the lifter bores and I don't want to go to the expense of bushing them.
The small solid cams seem to have a bit of an edge over the hydraulics according to my dyno program and I'd like to give one a try.
Any input gteatly appreciated.

The 112 lobe separation should give a broad flat torque curve and keep the vacuum up. It's general manners should be mild. Tom's suggestion sounds pretty radical relatively speaking.

Yeah ,it is also a single pattern cam and that will help lessen the overlap a bit.
I'm really after something that will give me around 14 or 15 inches of manifold vacuum . I have a friend who has one of these cams in a 318 but he is still a long way from starting it, so i was looking for some first hand info on how one might run.
Thanks

-
Back