info to convert a body drum to b body disc

-

crazyal

Reaction score
am trying to upgrade my brakes on my 72 dart from drum 4" to disc 4 1/2 pattern,pulled the complete spindle assy off of a 76 coronet to install on my dart,i have a 73 newer upper a frame with large ball joint,however the lower ball joint is part of the lower control arm steering arm(don't know what it is called)this is different on the donor spindle it appears to be separate from the arm and instead installs up from the bottom of the lower control arm into the the steering arm thus it won't mount up,also the bolt centers are larger on the b body steering arm,can anyone tell me how to install these brakes,was told a easy switch,doesn't look it to me,you can email or better call 903-429-3093 i would appreciate any help....al

dart control arms 001.JPG

dart control arms 002.JPG

76 Cornet is a B body. You will need A body spindles 73 up.

Valiant ,Duster or Scamp.

Not sure you can go to B body with out major front end changes. If your just looking for the bigger bolt pattern and disc brake best to find A body spindles

I've heard of B-body spindles and brakes being used on A-body . You will need 73 up A-body disc brake lower joints. That lower joint from drum brakes wont work. The lower joints are a bit expensive. The tough part will be getting that lower joint out of the lower arm. It is easier when the weight of the spindle and drum are hanging on it. Good luck

thanks for all the help,have another complete assy that came with a scamp in the trunk,this appears to mount up ok,may be a A body disc set up,am changing upper arms,i think it is a 10 1/2 " little smaller than i wanted but will work.....al

-
Back