Ing tumbler

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok kind of wondering why my Ing tumbler will slide out of the housing with the key in.Whats happening is when I shut the car off and pull the key out,i can pull the tumbler out with the key in it,not a big problem all I have to do is slide it back in,but what is so posed to keep it from coming out.69 Dart.I guess all someone would have to do is slide mine out and put theirs in and STEEL the car,now that's a big problem.

I'm not positive on your Dart, but I think there's a hole near the 11 o'clock position on the housing area that holds a pin that's built into the ignition switch to keep it from coming out when you pull the key.

Pull the housing for the switch and see if that makes any sense.

Best I can do for U and hopefully someone with more specifics will chime in :cheers:

You stated it perfectly. Now if Snake has the special tool to unscrew the ignition switch nut on the front of the dash, it will be easy. I don't and use 3 screwdrivers to make a spanner tool.

Yes there is a spring loaded pin of sorts that popes out into a hole at the rear of the cylinder’s housing when the cylinder is properly seated. It has to be depressed while turning the key to free the cylinder so it can be removed. That spring may be broken or missing causing the pin not to move, or there is enough crud built up at the base of the housing to disallow the cylinder enough travel to full stop to enable the little locking pin to enter its hole in the housing.

As others have stated, remove the ignition switch from the dash to give it a good look over. The problem will be easy to spot, and correct.

Ok thanks all will have a look soon,and again thanksssssssssss 6pk2goDemon,Cin says hi again.

-
Back