Ingenious fuel pressure regulator repair

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
As we were driving to Mopars in the Park, I thought I smelled gas. We were close to my work, so I pulled in and opened the shop. The fuel pressure regulator was pouring gas out the top vent. I took it apart and found the diaphragm was torn in several places. 8:00 on a Sunday morning finding parts for an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator seemed out of the question. I thought I was going to miss the show when it dawned on me to find an inner tube. I cut a proper sized square from the inner tube, then heated a large hose pick with the torch and used it to make the bolt holes in the rubber. I put it all back together and it worked perfectly. No leaks at all. I am not sure how long the inner tube rubber will hold against gasoline, but in got me to the show and home, which was about 150 miles. I'll order a proper diaphragm, but I will keep the inner tube one in the glove box.

So lemmie get this straight. You always carry a torch and inner tube everywhere. Kinky.

Glad you got it done.....Hotrodding/innovation at it's best :thumleft:. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the trip.

I was close to the shop and opened it up and fixed it. I don't carry a torch and inner tube, just duct tape and crow bars. The question has been asked: How long do you think the inner tube will hold up to gas? I can tell you with absolute certainty that the answer is a day and a half.

I find it frickin amazing how many people make a comment without apparently even read the OP's post.

Geesus

I find it frickin amazing how many people make a comment without apparently even read the OP's post.

Geesus

I hope your not talking about me cause I did notice he was pulling out the one he made and putting it in the glove box the first time I read it...... Was saying to make more! Lol

Hey at least he changed his avitar, Thank GOD:D
Well it ain't just Rob, I see it all the time from lots of people... And frankly I liked his avatar, reminds me of my girlfriend's mom.

Btw to the op, good job! Redneck injenuty rules lol!

Well it ain't just Rob, I see it all the time from lots of people... And frankly I liked his avatar, reminds me of my girlfriend's mom.

Btw to the op, good job! Redneck injenuty rules lol!
What? The goofy looking guy with the crossed eyes that freaked me out and I could`nt stop looking at IT?

What? The goofy looking guy with the crossed eyes that freaked me out and I could`nt stop looking at IT?

Your wife's Mom huh?
That actually made me laugh, and think Holy Crap I hope he's kidding.:D

Geesus

I read it AND saw it, smartass. I was bein funny. You know humor? Sorry you didn't like it. and this is what I get for tryin to lighten up once. Since I'm so stupid and caint read I guess I'll just run stock ignition too.

yup

Your wife's Mom huh?
That actually made me laugh, and think Holy Crap I hope he's kidding.:D
Girlfriends mom, we aren't married yet and I kinda wish I wasn't kidding. At least if she did look like that her appearance would be as ugly as her personality.

I read it AND saw it, smartass. I was bein funny. You know humor? Sorry you didn't like it. and this is what I get for tryin to lighten up once. Since I'm so stupid and caint read I guess I'll just run stock ignition too.
Ok, ok no need to get offended man, we didn't realize it was a joke. You know how **** like that can be misenterpreted when we can only read the statement and not hear the tone of voice carrying it.

But seriously I think we can all agree some other people here have reading issues.

Yall should know me better than that. I just cannot understand why somebody would go after me with a seemingly hurtful comment really for no reason. Don't get offended?

Yall should know me better than that.
The more I think about it, yeah we should. :D

I just cannot understand why somebody would go after me with a seemingly hurtful comment really for no reason. Don't get offended?
Well, I can't speak for trailbeast but I have been seeing alot of instances of others around here not reading thoroughly before posting replies and frankly it annoys the **** out of me evertime. That was why I agreed with him, you just happened to be caught in the crossfire.:eek:ops:

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, you are a cool dude and personally I'm glad you are back to the forum. You give great advice and I find your dry, intelligent and abbrassive sense of humor extremely amusing and refreshing.

That is of course, when I recognize you are joking ](*,)

Thanks. And I realize my abrasiveness.....and I have been working hard to tone it down. I like all of yall a lot. I consider all of you friends.

Thanks. And I realize my abrasiveness.....and I have been working hard to tone it down. I like all of yall a lot. I consider all of you friends.

Rob, I am really sorry that didn't go like I thought it would.
To be totally honest with you I just assumed and obviously overestimated the humor in it.
I mistook your sometimes abrasiveness for an odd sence of humor (which I obviously have) as it doesn't say "Slightly Twisted Member" for nothing. :D

I in no way meant it as a personal attack on you in seriousness, and not knowing you any better than I do I should have known better.

I offer my sincere apology

Rob, I am really sorry that didn't go like I thought it would.
To be totally honest with you I just assumed and obviously overestimated the humor in it.
I mistook your sometimes abrasiveness for an odd sence of humor (which I obviously have) as it doesn't say "Slightly Twisted Member" for nothing. :D

I in no way meant it as a personal attack on you in seriousness, and not knowing you any better than I do I should have known better.

I offer my sincere apology

It's cool man. I need to work on makin SURE yall know I'm messin around. It'd be easy if we were all sittin around in the shop shootin the breeze.

-
Back