Injector Differences by Year

-

dartslantsix

Reaction score
I'm still trying to track down some issues with my Magnum swap.
I am wondering if there are differences in injectors by year. My engine is out of a 94 Grand Cherokee. My PCM is out of a 95 Ram with manual trans. When I look at Rockauto those two applications do not use the same injector part number.
If they have different flow rates, it could explain an issue I am having.

I found the following list via Google, but I don't know how accurate it is:
5.2 V8:
'93-'94 #53007809 22.7lb/hr @ 39psi
'95 #53030262 24.6lb/hr @ 39psi
'96-'98 #53030778 23.2lb/hr @ 49psi
Magnum injectors flow rate by color?

Can anyone shed light on this?

Only thing different is the plug, flow rate is 21-22 on all of them, late model red ones are rumored to flow 24 but most tuners claim bs. 1-2 # will make no difference unless you are bone lean yo start with and stock magnum needs large cam, TB and flash to use more than stock.

Only thing different is the plug, flow rate is 21-22 on all of them, late model red ones are rumored to flow 24 but most tuners claim bs. 1-2 # will make no difference unless you are bone lean yo start with and stock magnum needs large cam, TB and flash to use more than stock.
Thank you for this info. I called your shop last week and we talked about flashing my PCM and I think I need to save up and do this for the car to run right. You had suggested switching to OBD 2 instead of flashing the OBD 1 PCM. My problem is that I've bought all new sensors and spent a lot of time on the wiring and I'd like to not redo all that. This engine will remain stock other than the removed emissions stuff.

-Dave

-
Back