Inner fender removal for weight reduction?

-
I ordered front and rear fiberglass bumpers. I think I'll refrain from cutting out the inner fenders for now. The front bumper with brackets and directionals weighed 33.6 pounds. The new bumpers are 4 pounds each. 66 Valiant.
Like the build especially to see another guy from Mass Originally from Wareham myself a couple tips if you plan to go down the weight reduction route would be check out this thread it gives 100's of ideas Real world weight loss program and it` cost.......... also if you look at my build you will see what can be done also as im going full tilt on weight reduction during this overhaul of the car. Bostonian 71 demon

Like the build especially to see another guy from Mass Originally from Wareham myself a couple tips if you plan to go down the weight reduction route would be check out this thread it gives 100's of ideas Real world weight loss program and it` cost.......... also if you look at my build you will see what can be done also as im going full tilt on weight reduction during this overhaul of the car. Bostonian 71 demon
My best friend lives in Pocassett now. Being from Mass do you know Chris Damiano and the Abracadabra 68 Roadrunner up at Epping? I will check out your suggestions thank you. Car is already somewhat lightened up....lexan everywhere but the drivers door and both fly windows. 3 regulators removed. I think the flywindow assemblies weigh alot as they are front glass runs as well. Maybe just "chop" them below the cat whiskers.

20241017_105027.jpg

Weight reduction, it's a waste of time IMO. They weigh very little and provide a lot of structure to the front end.

Clearance, yes. Take them out and replace with bars.

If you take them out and do nothing, measure the flex in the front end with them installed and removed. Jack up the front off K frame. Measure how high the lower rad cradle gets when the front wheels lift off the ground in both configurations. Most all that energy gets transferred to the short area of the floor pan and trans X-member spot welds when the inners are gone.

My best friend lives in Pocassett now. Being from Mass do you know Chris Damiano and the Abracadabra 68 Roadrunner up at Epping? I will check out your suggestions thank you. Car is already somewhat lightened up....lexan everywhere but the drivers door and both fly windows. 3 regulators removed. I think the flywindow assemblies weigh alot as they are front glass runs as well. Maybe just "chop" them below the cat whiskers.

View attachment 1716316718
Yep I know of those guys I would run against Steve clukey's 70 duster before going to a hemi I was one of the south eastern mass guys that would crew for Ray Helger. Yes that would be good I've all but stripped mine completely once done I plan to bring the car back home for some racing at epping my family's been part of that track since the beginnings

-
Back