inside of tire wear??

-

dodgefreak8

Reaction score
I have had this problem for ALONG time and i was just wondering how do I fix this. It's on my 74 dart swinger and I have had it aligned 3 times and still no solution. someone recommended offset bushings but I don't know what to look for or how and where they should be installed. thanks

You mention this is an ongoing problem and that you've had the car aligned 3 times.

Did anyone give you a print out of your alignment specs that you could post?

The bushings install in the upper control arms just like a stock bushing. The offset bushings have the center hole offset to one side instead of in the center of the bushing. MOOG part number K7103 will get you a pair, you will need a pair for each control arm. The problem you are describing is caused by either negative camber or toe in out of whack. Since the toe in has enough adjustment to deal with that problem, it only leaves the need for more positive camber. The offset bushings gives you enough extra adjustment to take care of that. Hope I didn't totally confuse you.

if the bushes in the front end are stuffed, the wheels can also move backwards while accelerating causing neg toe which could cause this also, easiest way for us to determine the problem is to post up the alignment report you should have been given.

I haven't driven this car in 3 years and that was when I had it last aligned. If I got the report I don't have it anymore. I am trying to get the car sold and I want to fix the few things that were wrong with it.

Has the car ever been ditched or damaged that you are aware?
If not there is likely something worn out.
Have the 2 uppers and the 1 lower control arm bushings been replaced?

the last shop did tell me that he couldn't get enough camber out of it. but like I said I quit driving the car so it wasn't on the top of the to-do list. It was the first 2 that screwed me. anyway the car hit a curb once but I had the problem before that. All that has been replaced is the ball joint's no bushings. should I go with stock bushings or the offset moog bushings?

The offset moog bushings can help you with a camber or caster problem if that is the issue.

Won't help if there is a worn out bushing though.........

How quickly are you seeing the tire wear...mileage wise?

-
Back