inside the seat help....

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
does anybody know what is in the inside of a bench seat that holds the headrests in place? a picture of the culprit would be good if possible. reason i ask is because i have a 71 dart with bench seat of course. the headrests that are (were) in it are out of a 70. they adjusted fine but were wrong for the year and weren't in very good shape. i had a set for a 71 bench i bought. problem i ran into is the adjuster bars....the 70 style headrests are notched towards the back of the seat while the 71 style are notched towards the front of the seat. i am wondering if i can turn the adjuster around in the seat? my second thought is do i have the wrong seat all together (70) seat? i might even have the wrong headrests for the car (not an a body but maybe another body style)? i know they match the correct style for a 71 anyway according to the factory brochure. last thing i thought of would be to notch the adjuster bars on the 71 style so it could work for this seat????

I had some none 70 head rests on my 70 bench seat. They were the tear drop shap ones. They fit and worked good for me. I took them off though when I redid my interior as they were the wrong color. They did not want to come out though but they did after I just pulled up realy hard on them.

-
Back