Install Clifford intake and 4 barrel. Linkage question

-

Skeeter007

Skeeter007
Reaction score
Hey group,

Thinking of adding a 390 to 500 cfm carb to my slant while I workout my BB install. I have the intake so why not. I’ll re jet the 500 down to work as they seem to be plentiful and the 390’s not so much. My question is on the linkages. My current setup is a 1 barrel Holley. What linkages will I need to go with my Clifford intake and carb?

Brandon
Follow the build here …..Slow build 71 Scamp 440

The clifford has 2 different tops that mount the carb forward/aft and sideways.
Depends on what you have.
The slant six throttle cable is long enough to work on both.
Kick down,if a automatic the linkage can be made work with lots of trial and error.
Cable kits make it allot easier. Now a days they are available thru most vendors and work well.
Photos are just for reference . Both cars had manual shift valve bodies so no kick down linkage.

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

How did the carbs handle the heat with this set up? I have gaskets on the 1420 and the spacers and it’s still a bugger to get going after a few moments of sitting turned off. That’s even with the fuel line mod. Also do I need the header or can the stock manifold work with the 4B intake. Thanks for your time and knowledge

I have a Quick Fuel 450 vs four barrel on mine. I run the thick base plate gasket from Edelbrock and I also blocked off the intake manifold heat from the exhaust manifold. I have no heated fuel problems and it runs good.

I run the thick base plate gasket from Edelbrock
Same here. Edelbrocks. 1 is a 500 the other is a 600 Jetting depends on the density altitude in your area.
For some reason the other photo didn't load. So here it is.
Anyway both have Holley heat shields along with the Edelbrock thick base gasket.

IMG_0435.jpg

I modified a factory two barrel linkage to work with the four barrel on my 63 Valiant. I do understand that finding the factory linkage is harder to do than it used to be.

1692937214923.jpeg

-
Back