Installation of a B+M Shifter to work inside an OEM Console (with pics)

-

slz1973

Reaction score
I just got done with swapping in a B+M floor shifter and making it work with the original floor console (on my 1969 Cuda 340 Notchback). I havent seen anyone else do this so I took on the challenge. Here is the step by step process with pics to reference by: http://www.z-mods.com/zmodscuda/bmshifterconsole.html

Enjoy and let me know what you think. More mods to come so stay tuned. Thanks, Steve Z

Looks great. I installed a Quicksilver under my factory console. Unfortunately it had a slightly longer throw and unless I notched out the console it wouldn't go all the way through the gears. Notching the factory chrome shifter surround didn't look good so I cut it out and made my own shifter plate and mounted it to the console. Doesn't look as good as yours but looks ok.

Attachments

• DSC02224-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC02225-1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 146
I solved the aftermarket shifter throw clearance in the OEM console top shifter plate by raising the console until the Shifter had just enough clearance in the slot to go from 1st to park (even when my shifter is pulled down all the way when using the ratchet mechanism for quick 1-2 and 2-3 shifts)

I solved the aftermarket shifter throw clearance in the OEM console top shifter plate by raising the console until the Shifter had just enough clearance in the slot to go from 1st to park (even when my shifter is pulled down all the way when using the ratchet mechanism for quick 1-2 and 2-3 shifts)

Hummm... I thought raising the console would make it worse? If I keep my car I plan on replacing the console plates as the chrome isn't the greatest. May look at what raising it will do. I'd love it to look like yours.

-
Back