Installed rubber hood to radiator seal but clips keep popping out

-

Alan H.

Reaction score
What's the trick to keep those spring clips from popping out? Just installed it today, and some
of them stay while other pop out.
Have you used another fastener such as this to hold it in place? I prefer using original type clips if possible.

aclip_zpsiisujzz3.jpg

Yes, I'm the same guy that had the dipstick thread :D

You should just have to push them in until the barbs engage. Bottom out as best you can...

If some are engaging better than others, check the hole size for variation....

Those don't look like the correct clips? Here's mine on a 72 Demon

I can get better pictures if needed.....

P1020316.JPG

Those don't look like the correct clips? Here's mine on a 72 Demon

I can get better pictures if needed.....

View attachment 1714963728

I got the correct clips with the seal but they pop out of the hole. The push fastener above was a possible alternative.
I had to hit the clips in with a hammer to seat them properly, and even after seating they popped out.
I got the seal from Classic Ind. and included the clips.

I got the correct clips with the seal but they pop out of the hole. The push fastener above was a possible alternative.
I had to hit the clips in with a hammer to seat them properly, and even after seating they popped out.
I got the seal from Classic Ind. and included the clips.

Then find out what size hole those clips are supposed to have and drill yours out a little if they are too small...

Those Christmas trees (your first pic) come in all sorts of different sizes. Step up to a larger size for those holes they pop out of.
C

I would get the correct metal clips, even oversized if necessary. The seals I bought were from top cat whiskers and it fit perfectly. I bought from another company first that fit like garbage and threw it away.

-
Back