Installed this last weekend

-

85glht

Reaction score
pan pic.jpg

Was chasing a nasty transmission leak. Replace the stamped pan for this beauty. So far, Knock on wood, it is dry under the car!!

The stock pans worked well until the flange got distorted by over tightening. I too went aftermarket for more fluid capacity, but the real fix was the reusable gasket. Sure is nice to have a drain plug too!!!

The stock pans worked well until the flange got distorted by over tightening. I too went aftermarket for more fluid capacity, but the real fix was the reusable gasket. Sure is nice to have a drain plug too!!!
I even installed a drain plug in the stamped pan but the rubber gasket with the stamped pan didn't seal. Leaked like the Titanic. I also use the plastic dip around the shift cables (65 transmission) as they would tend to drip when sitting a while. Now that I have posted this, I expect red fluid on my drip pan tonight. :( :rolleyes:

I even installed a drain plug in the stamped pan but the rubber gasket with the stamped pan didn't seal. Leaked like the Titanic. I also use the plastic dip around the shift cables (65 transmission) as they would tend to drip when sitting a while. Now that I have posted this, I expect red fluid on my drip pan tonight. :( :rolleyes:
Maybe a puddle running out from under the car.

Once the stamped pan has been distorted it is hard for them to reseal. You won't have any issues with the cast one you got.

My stamped pan doesn't leak, the flanges need to be checked and flattened just like an oil pan. I drilled a hole in mine in a correct place, welded a nut in and used an oil pan drain plug. The cast covers are nice though, no arguing that.

My stamped pan doesn't leak, the flanges need to be checked and flattened just like an oil pan. I drilled a hole in mine in a correct place, welded a nut in and used an oil pan drain plug. The cast covers are nice though, no arguing that.
I did install a drain plug in the stamped pan... After this leak, I really didn't need any more practice on pan removal. I don't regret this purchase and am happy to say, as of this morning, it is still dry under there. (fingers crossed)
Now, if it will stop raining, I can take it for a ride this weekend.

-
Back