Installing Duster 1972 Window Drip Molding

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
I just got my new side windows drip molding, I was wonder if there is a special trick to installing the correct way....
I don't want to do it the wrong way and have to take it off and try again....

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 182
I assume they will install like the drip rail trim on my 69 FB. I hope this explanation makes sense. When you 'pry' the old trim off, you pry it 'up' from the bottom, and the trim sort of 'pops' Upward. Installation is the opposite. Paint safety first. It is a good idea to protect the paint in the installation area with tape and heavy paper. It is also nice to have an extra pair of hands. Place the new piece on the correct area whit the top of the trim hanging up and over the lip of the rail. then start on one end, with an assistant (or some tape) holding the other end, pull down on the trim. Since you had the top lip of the trim up and over the top of the rail, pulling down on the trim will force the bottom lip of the trim to 'pop' into place over the bottom of the rail. Your finger tips should be enough, but some GENTLE persuasion from a small rubber mallet may be needed. If you do resort to the rubber mallet BE CAREFUL. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips, that's what I was looking for a helpful hand in explain how it is done..... Thanks a bunch.
PS: there is no trim to be removed, there is none on the car already.

The chrome drip rail looks wonderfull....
Kinda a pain to install but overall it wasn't that bad...

Attachments

• DSC05453.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC05456.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC05457.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 142
Looks great. Nice color combo. Get it out in the sunlight and share some pics.

I will on Saturday, there is a car show on Sunday that I need to get it cleaned up for. Its always a pleasure when someone writes nice things about others car. My duster had a nice start to began with, I have added a lot of little touches. Sometimes its the little things that make the biggest difference.

Thanks Again.....

Attachments

• IMAG0222.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0243.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0160.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 135
New Projects 2015...
New Dash Pad, New Headliner, New APiler, and changed Grill around, New Chrome Windows 1/4 locks, New Kick Panels, New Chrome Mirrors, New Chrome Sill Extensions...Cant think of anything more...

Thanks for the kind words, yes it was a bit of a bear to install. Back and Forth after about an hour it was done.
Thanks

OH Its rank's up there with doing the headliner....Kinda of a pain also

-
Back