Installing fromt and rear window trim

-

salami340

Reaction score
Ok I've recently had my car painted(by a friend) and the guys removed the chrome trim around the windows to paint it. For reasons I'm not going to get into here I had to remove my car from his shop before they could reinstall the trim. So anyway I was wondering if anyone could give me a little instruction on how to go about installing the trim. I already tried once with the rear window and it wouldn't seat properly, was poping up in places making me very frustrated so I pulled it back off and put it new clips. I also have some better trim I just bought so I want to do it right this time.

All I can say is, it's a pain in the butt no matter how you approach it. New clips can make it even trickier.

These are my tips: Two people doing it helps. Use plenty of masking tape to protect your paint. Mark the location of the clips on your surrounding masking tape. Once you get a section of trim seated on a couple clips, the rest go a little easier. No amount of beating with the palm of my hand would seat the trim. A rubber mallet alone is sure to dent it. A block of wood placed on the edge of the trim above the clip and a swift blow with a mallet did the trick for me. Clear the shop of women and children to allow for generous amounts of cursing.

-
Back