Installing front and rear windshield glass

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
How difficult is it to do? Can it be done at home vs. taking the car somewhere? I have the glass, will need to buy the weatherstrip. What say ye?

Car is 73 Dart Sport.

Not to difficult with two people. Just have your seals ready and I like some extra tube sealant to really seal it. They can be installed with the rope method, which is someone inside the car and someone one the outside, then run a rope along the glass to get the seal lip seated. Hope this helps.

my dad n i did the rear no problem the front let the pros do.. paid $150 for new glass n install not bad worth it

Not to difficult with two people. Just have your seals ready and I like some extra tube sealant to really seal it. They can be installed with the rope method, which is someone inside the car and someone one the outside, then run a rope along the glass to get the seal lip seated. Hope this helps.

Guitar string cuts good to :-D Glad to here I was not the only one to do windows :toothy10:

Put your window seals out in the sun for a while before you start ... the heat will soften them up and make them easier to work with.

Good luck Mopargirl!

if the seals arent new,,,call your local windshield place and ask what you can work in to the old seal to make it plyable again,,,,if i remember correctly some one said formula 409,, but its been a while ,, i may be wrong,, good luck take your time

How difficult is it to do? Can it be done at home vs. taking the car somewhere? I have the glass, will need to buy the weatherstrip. What say ye?

Car is 73 Dart Sport.

Here's the link to my installation post from last year:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=43712&highlight=Windshield

Take your time and have some competent help. In about 2 hours we had it done. Saved myself $200...
8)

i put ad in craiglist...had mobile service respond to do it at my house for 60 dollars for rear window in dart...

i broke the old one getting it out.....was not going 2 for 2

-
Back