Installing full floor pans. how?

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
I ripped up the carpet on the duster yesterday and it looks like i'll be replacing the floor. I found a full floor pan but was wondering. how will i fit it in? will it fit through the windshield opening?

Thats a good question. I think once you cut out the old floor you can bring it up through the bottom.

I've never done a full pan but I've replaced a full floor with two half pans, in a non Mopar and it was vert. It was quite a pain even at that, doing a full pan in a non-vert would be quite a challenge. The aftermarket parts don't fit well to start with, lots of trimming, followed by more trimming which is best done with the pan out, so in, out, in, out, doesn't sound like fun. If it was me I'd cut it in half and do one side at a time.

Maybe somobody else here has done it and can advise you better.

you'll likely be pulling at least one pop out window to get the pan into the car.

I've never had much luck trying to pull them out the front window. Usually pop them up, rotate and pull through the side.

If you had two people and were to fold it up a bit along the tunnel, you might get it in through the front windshield opening.

-
Back