Installing Headrests - Easy to Do?

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey interior experts, I searched for threads that may give me the answer but couldn't find anything. Is it difficult to add headrests to my bucket seats? Is the frame of the seat set up to have a headrest optional? Or am I getting into a bunch of work with this idea?

the frames will accept headrests but you will need all the hardware that goes in them

I'm no expert but a LOT of work. There are supports on the inside that are for the rods on the rests. I took pics of our 67 buckets, I'll see if I can find them.
Also not all head rests are the same.

I agree with Steve here but if they are 1969 seats the frames should be ready to accept the hardware

Good point about the years Scott. Heres pics of our 67.
Head rests are different abody vs bbody, also bench vs bucket, and the years....
I agree with Steve here but if they are 1969 seats the frames should be ready to accept the hardware

20171107_131435.jpg

20171107_131524.jpg

20171107_132440.jpg

20171107_132651.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys
The headrests and hardware are available from a few different places for a pretty penny of course. But it’s an option I’ve always admired on other cars so I was curious as to what work is involved.

I have 69 buckets with head rests I can take pics of if that helps? Be a bit before I can get to them tho?
Thanks guys
The headrests and hardware are available from a few different places for a pretty penny of course. But it’s an option I’ve always admired on other cars so I was curious as to what work is involved.

Not necessary thanks. I was just looking to confirm my thoughts that the seats frames were likely built with the option to add the headrest.

-
Back