Installing new manifold

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I bought a used performer manifold from racerx and would like to know the best way to swap manifolds. The last one I did was in the early 80s LOL. Any tips for the install on a 72 340. He is also including the gaskets so what is the best gasket sealer to use? And where do you put it?
Need a refesher.
Thanks
AL

I bought a used performer manifold from racerx and would like to know the best way to swap manifolds. The last one I did was in the early 80s LOL. Any tips for the install on a 72 340. He is also including the gaskets so what is the best gasket sealer to use? And where do you put it?
Need a refesher.
Thanks
AL
Put silicone around water jackets,do a bead front and back.I also put extra in front and rear corners.Hope this helps!

Ditto. Just a small bead around the water ports up front and in the corners where the intake meets the head and block. when the intake is on and torqued down, at the front and rear, lay down a healthy bead to seal it up.

Take a break for a bit, go eat dinner and such. Start it up to check for leaks.

I would also use the white pipe on the intakes bolts threads to stop oil and/or coolent from coming up. Or sealer.

Ditto. Just a small bead around the water ports up front and in the corners where the intake meets the head and block. when the intake is on and torqued down, at the front and rear, lay down a healthy bead to seal it up.

Take a break for a bit, go eat dinner and such. Start it up to check for leaks.

I would also use the white pipe on the intakes bolts threads to stop oil and/or coolent from coming up. Or sealer.
That is what I am really looking for is brand names, Gasgacinch, Permatex Ultra copper ? I know Permatex has a thread sealant as well. Like I said it has been 28 years sealants must have changed for the better LOL.
Thanks
AL

Right Stuff! Best RTV I've ever used...many here will attest to it too. Little more $ but worth it I think.

And if your gasket kit came with the cork or rubber end seals...trash 'em. Use a nice thick bead to seal the ends with extra in the corners as others have mentioned!

-
Back