Installing sway bar and bushings

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have never installed a front sway bar on a car. I bought a original sway bar and lower control arms.

Now my question is Whats the easiest way to install the sway bar bushings.

When you install the sway bar does the hump or bend in the center of the sway bar go up or down.

Sorry about all the questions but this is my restoration in over 30 years and I remember a lot and I also forgot a lot 2

Cheers

Rick

Here is a pic of my 70 dart. I used a factory sway bar,but chucked the old brackets and bushings. Instead I used some brackets and bushings from Energy Suspension. With the addition of one hole you drill,they bolted right to the factory mounting holes on the k-frame. Changed a couple things since these pics,but this should direct you in the right direction.

Bar loop goes up.

Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• faucet pics 645.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 224
  • faucet pics 647.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 237
Well I went out and got an Energy Suspension grease able set of bushing and got it installed last night.
Got the spindles ready to install. On Monday I will be getting the bushings pressed in the upper control arms and the steering box rebuilt so I can finsh the front end.
I will post pics as soon as I can figure how to load them LOL

Thats great !

One of the changes I made,was to remove the zirc fittings and put some caps in the holes. They seem to hang kind of low,and this will prevent them from getting ripped out.

Store the fittings in your favorite drawer,install when you want to grease ect.

-
Back