Instrument Cluster (66 CUDA)

-

imager

Reaction score
Removing my Fuel gauge this clip snapped in half. (See pic)

1- Do i need it?
2- Can i just use one of the nuts like the other post?

Found this pic on the site to show what clip broke in half

cluster.bmp

it a post for the fuel gauge..

DUH, Is there a threaded stud just like the other 2 ? Is there a nut on it just like the other 2 ?
I'm trying to help.. I dont know if it is a required copper conductor, or a cover to keep the noise supression capasitor connector off of it, a spring steel fastener, or even a heat sink for that internal limiter.
Help me help you. Post pictures of your panel or something.

Red, isn't that the "old" 5V output from the internal limiter? Does it even need to be hooked up using an added external limiter?

Red, isn't that the "old" 5V output from the internal limiter? Does it even need to be hooked up using an added external limiter?

Beats me..

Attachments

• 66 rallye cluster questioned .jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 322
I believe that jumps over to the other side for the optional oil gauge.

http://www.jamesmskipper.us/Barracuda/InstrumentPanel.html

A quote from the above page:
=======================================
This is the printed circuit board on the other side of the panel. There are three pin connections here. One pin brings power for the panel lights. Another has instrument power from the instrument power regulator in the gas gauge and the third connects to the oil pressure sending unit. The two terminals below and left are the connections for the ammeter
=======================================

AmmeterBack12600h290.jpg

OK
1967 and later rallye panels have a plastic wire nut like cap placed over their pulse voltage post to prevent the noise cap's connector being placed there.
It could be that this metal piece on the 66 serves the same purpose.
My best guess.

-
Back