-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suregrip391

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Was wondering if anyone had some extra dash sockets available? I am looking for two of them but may consider some extras as spares??...I bought two of them from napa auto parts today but they do not work, made in taiwan! I plugged in a factory one and it worked! These are the ones for the 5/8" holes. GM products are simular but are for 1/2" holes. Please let me know [email protected] or PM me if you have some. Thanks very much!

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check that out tomorrow and I will let you all know if they do with a part number so in case anyone else needs some they will be readily available. I do prefer a factory part however if anyone has some still? Let me know, PM? or email [email protected] Thanks!

try here half way down. no pic but it seems like it is it by discriphttp://www.rtspecialties.net/products.asp?cat=12tion....

Looks like they list a couple different ones. Here's a correction to your link above http://www.rtspecialties.net/products.asp?cat=12 Ill include a pic on what these look like.....

socket.jpg

I've got a couple of extras out of a 69 Dart dash panel.
If ya want them I'll chuck em in a padded envolope and send them.
I'll need your address. PM if ya want them.

I probably have 30 scattered around here . I wouldn't waste the postage on them. They are just as old, brittle, and apt to break as the ones you have.

Two of mine were just missing all together, not that they are brittle because the ones that are still in place are decent, with no issues.

you on the right track with NAPA. there are two sizes, part numbers . one for the small ones & one for the large size.

you on the right track with NAPA. there are two sizes, part numbers . one for the small ones & one for the large size.

Right!! I found the right ones at NAPA. At first they got me the wrong ones but we looked in a book and found the right ones. I'll look tomorrow and see if I still have a box the new ones came in to get the part # for ya.

Was wondering if anyone had some extra dash sockets available? I am looking for two of them but may consider some extras as spares??...I bought two of them from napa auto parts today but they do not work, made in taiwan! I plugged in a factory one and it worked! These are the ones for the 5/8" holes. GM products are simular but are for 1/2" holes. Please let me know [email protected] or PM me if you have some. Thanks very much!

Fishy68, the Napa part number is LS6501, these are for the larger 5/8" holes. But like I said, the one did not work for some reason??....They are made in Taiwan (so said the sticker on the part) and I do not think the "contact points" were it mates up with the circuit on the dash was 100% correct. So maybe that was the problem. I tried to manipulate the contacts to extrude further out and everything, still no dice so I returned them. Beastie340 to the rescue! He has some extras that he is going to send me. Thanks! :cheers:

Fishy68, the Napa part number is LS6501, these are for the larger 5/8" holes. But like I said, the one did not work for some reason??....They are made in Taiwan (so said the sticker on the part) and I do not think the "contact points" were it mates up with the circuit on the dash was 100% correct. So maybe that was the problem. I tried to manipulate the contacts to extrude further out and everything, still no dice so I returned them. Beastie340 to the rescue! He has some extras that he is going to send me. Thanks! :cheers:

I just found the box and that's the one's I used too but they worked just fine in my car. In fact I replaced 4 of mine and they all worked. Are you sure you have power going to them? I've had to bend contact points on sockets similiar to them before also and have allways been able to make them work as long as it had power going to it. Of course there's always exceptions.

i can buy these everday at my local advance auto parts..... i bought the 3 they had on the shelf and 2 days later there was more.... i'll try to get the part number but their 5 bucks a piece (roughly) and work great.... let me know if you want me to pick some up and drop them in the mail for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back