Instrument cluster

-

indian

Reaction score
Looking for someone to repair instrument cluster all gauges work just no lights for gauges driving at night. This is for a 1964 dart. Thanks

I know that this is obvious, but check the fuse if you have not. Work he light switch back and forth several times to make sure the rheostat in that is making contact. Are all the dash lights out or just the instrument lights? They should all be on the same fuse so they dim together. Hopefully somebody with an early A body can give advice about taking the cluster out.

Thanks for responding, have checked all that pulled cluster there’s a couple places where cooper is damaged, all bulbs are good. All lights out high beam indicator works

Classic industries sell a new circuit board for about $135

Juz' sayin but that is likely a very uninformed path. "Throwing parts" at a problem when you have no idea what is wrong can cost a lot of money, and in some cases not fix the problem.

Have you checked that the lighting circuit is actually getting power? Do ANY dimmer controlled lamps work, like, say, the radio?

In my 64 Dart my dimmer switch was able to turn on/off headlights, but wasn’t working for the dash lights. For me, replacing the switch for ~$50 was the solution. But, that came after pulling the circuit board out, cleaning the contacts, and trying lights at each point to confirm they worked.

-
Back