insuring and registering a classic???!!!

-

'70-Challenger

Reaction score
okay so i need to insure the dart when i get it. what insurance companies do my fellow ontarion's use? i am picking it up sunday and i have to get it from ajax to mississauga. so i need to insure it, and then i need to get plates for it. so what do i do guys?

this is my first car so i have no clue what to do

How old are you again? Is it going to be insured under your name or your parent's name? Also, is the registration going to be in your name or your parents? If under an existing policy (such as your parents), you may have 30 days (under law) to add the vehicle to your existing policy or find another carrier. Of course, that is how it works south of your border. You may want to check how that works in your neck of the woods.

How old are you again? Is it going to be insured under your name or your parent's name? Also, is the registration going to be in your name or your parents? If under an existing policy (such as your parents), you may have 30 days (under law) to add the vehicle to your existing policy or find another carrier. Of course, that is how it works south of your border. You may want to check how that works in your neck of the woods.

16. if i can insure it and register it under my name, then thats what i will do.

16. if i can insure it and register it under my name, then thats what i will do.

If it's anything like it is here, that probably won't happen because of your age and the rates for a young male/first time driver. You better talk this over with your folks and look into the above. More than likely, they will have to put it on their policy and have you on as a part time or perhaps a full time driver.

You need to start off by talking to your parents or a friends insurance company to see what can be done in your province and what are your options. Being that you're 16 they maybe only a few and those could be very expensive. Sorry but it's a waist of time asking here as every province and state could be slightly different and the only advice that holds any weight is that of the insurance companies. The only thing I could say with any certainty is "prepare to bend over".:-D

call around to insurance company's and agents in your area, and get plenty of quotes, they can vary in price greatly, you will need to have the make, model, and VIN number handy, hagerty and grundy are two of the bigger classic car insurers but I believe you must be over a certain age, I have found some of the best rates on line so I would try that as well

If you are 16, then you probably only have your G1, which doesnt allow you to drive on your own, so you may have to wait until you have your G2. But you may still be able to put it in your name, but get in touch with MTO, insurance, and is the car certified? If you are picking the car up Sunday I am thinking that you should trailer it home. It can be added to your parents policy temporarily(trip permit) to get it home. Good luck and show pics when you get it home.

-
Back