Intake help

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
Well got my rods re done and new pistons pressed on, so I I was looking to port match my intake but since the head ports are dam near max wedge size, 2.46" tall and 1.28" wide. My street dominator intake can not be opened up to match, it will go through the roof of the intake, so other than the $500 Indy 400-2 max wedge intake for low deck motors is there any other options?.......this is a 383

No hands on, but I'm guessing the off the shelf "Victor383" may get you close for a few dollars less, albeit with some work?

I think the indy unit is your only real option. They are not 500 dollars. Also if your heads are not as big as the intake (ie not max wedge) I would not run that intake.
window on manifold smaller than head-ok. Window in manifold biggerr than head- not ok.
pretty sure I am 100percent right on this one.

Yea it makes sense. I guess I can call Hughes and see if there is enough meat on the victor to port it that much. And sorry on the price...$400. Still a lot for an intake

You should be able to open the heads up to the gasket and to the intake. As long as you dont go to deep into the port ( no more than a half an inch) you should not upset the flow of the runner.
I am by no means an expert so definitely call Hughes.

That's what I was thinking, I'm sure I could roll the port opening just enough to match. But I'll call Hughes and if the victor can be opened up enough to work without having to build up weld to port it, it'll be that rout or maybe find a used 400-2 intake.

The 383 Victor will get real close. You'll have a small flange left at the top and the roof of the intake manifold runner will be very thin.

The Indy manifold is a very good intake. With it the 451 would pull 500 LB-FT of torque from 3,500 rpm to 7,400 rpm.

Mr. Laroy, what do you think would be the best option....Indy or the victor?

11:1 383 .030 over
Hughes engine .615 lift 260*@.50
Full port 452 heads

72 dart swinger 4500 stall 3.91 gears with ladder bars.
Street strip

11:1 383 .030 over
Hughes engine .615 lift 260*@.50
Full port 452 heads

72 dart swinger 4500 stall 3.91 gears with ladder bars.
Street strip

-
Back