Intake manifold. Copied Elddebrock performer RPM.

-
I am using a Crosswinds intake on my 5.9 magnum build. Strictly a street engine. I gasket matched the intake ports. I did have to hog out the bolt holes a little to mount to my EQ heads. I also drilled and tapped the casting blank seen on the driver's front for my AC bracket.
Couple thousand miles so far. Happy with the intake.

Iron-Headed Mopar 318 Magnum Engine- Popular Hot Rodding Magazine

40 horse difference sounds outrageous to me, never seen anything like that swapping different intakes on small block mopars over the years.
single plane to dual, little single to big single, Indy to victor, never even a whole tenth on anything I have done.
Can only speak to what I have personally seen on our dyno's. At 100 engines a day, and 10 dyno cells I've seen lots of surprises. We have a 427 sb ford that does near the same thing. Makes 485 with a short Weiand, 521 with a Victor.

Now our SBC engines for whatever reason are less picky. Anything under 400 cid only vary a few ponies from a non airgap RPM, clear up to a Victor Jr.

All about the combo I guess. Can't say what happened on one engine translates to all. Otherwise dominator carbs would pick up 50 hp on 318's.

Last edited:
This is leaning into racing dynos. A good example is the 376 Victor headed engine w/the modified W2 Holley Strip Dominator. There was a big difference from the builders dyno (770) to the competition dyno. (737)

Between engine dyno’d and flow benches, it can be a cluster frak in a nutshell. I take them all with a gain of salt and just simple try and see how things are effected with changes.

This is leaning into racing dynos. A good example is the 376 Victor headed engine w/the modified W2 Holley Strip Dominator. There was a big difference from the builders dyno (770) to the competition dyno. (737)

Between engine dyno’d and flow benches, it can be a cluster frak in a nutshell. I take them all with a gain of salt and just simple try and see how things are effected with changes.

in fairness to the results of the 376 dyno results….one difference was they had to run mufflers at the competition, and the dyno was open to outside temperatures, it was hot out when it was run there
those two differences probably account for a good bit of the change

Well, This is a deeper subject than I even thought. So Here is the real problem... I have a 67 B-cuda with a 69 340 LA solid cam Racer brown stiff springs 202 valves mild porting. Also have hi-perf 68 340 exhaust manifolds cast iron with TTI head pipes and exhaust 2 1/2. I am using An 340 victor intake with a 750 vac Holley. It use to have a 650 Mech and headers and ran much stronger. I don't want to race this car any more. I was looking for an easy way to tame this car down for street. (373 gears B&M hole shot conv)
I just picked up a Proforma 650 Mech. I just thought a dual plane intake would work better with the exhaust as is. I am considering a cam change, but I am not sure what on that either. what do you think?

Last time we tested one of those It scrubbed nearly 40 horse off one of our BPC4085CTC engines. Take that for what it's worth. We will only use the Edelbrocks.
Careful, you spelled Edelbrock correctly. This tends to confuse a LOT of people.

About eight years ago I purchased a crosswind manifold for my 410 stroker that had a weihand manifold on it and it ran like crap . Possibly sucking air maybe in the valley. I have fitted numerous manifolds over the years and never had any issues, but I think this one wasn't machined correctly. I paid $300 Australian for it but I just went and bought a edelbrock air gap for it at over $650 Aud and never had a problem with that. I sold the crosswind at a swap meet for $100 and the guy thought he got a bargain. Edelbrock manifolds are around $1000 AU now so are very expensive for us aussies!

-
Back