Intake manifold gasket tangs? Where do I buy them?

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I'm trying to hunt down those stupid little metal tangs that holds the cork gasket in place at the front and back of the intake. A couple of mine are broke and I wanna replace 'em since I'm already balls deep. Are they just part of the head gasket or am I gonna need to order them separately?

Yes they are part of the head gasket,but dont worry if there gone,some don't like the cork gasket they will tell ya to apply 1/4 inch of rtv front and back.Me i always use the cork gaskets,in the past I too have had toes break,I lay a small amount of rtv than the cork gasket than some on the top of the gasket and a good amount in the corners let set up for 15 minutes install intake bolts slowly.Never never had a leak.

When I put my Eddie dual plane on I was going to use the cork even though I don't care for them because they always tend to seep a little through the cork, but they were way to thick to let the intake seat all the way down on the heads.

You may end up with the same problem and have to use silicone anyway.
In the end, I'm glad I had to since it's bone dry around the manifold ends.

Yes they are part of the head gasket,but dont worry if there gone,some don't like the cork gasket they will tell ya to apply 1/4 inch of rtv front and back.Me i always use the cork gaskets,in the past I too have had toes break,I lay a small amount of rtv than the cork gasket than some on the top of the gasket and a good amount in the corners let set up for 15 minutes install intake bolts slowly.Never never had a leak.

When I put my Eddie dual plane on I was going to use the cork even though I don't care for them because they always tend to seep a little through the cork, but they were way to thick to let the intake seat all the way down on the heads.

You may end up with the same problem and have to use silicone anyway.
In the end, I'm glad I had to since it's bone dry around the manifold ends.

Sounds like I did it right the first time. :cheers:

The ends of my manifold is plenty dry, I was just wondering for when the intake went back on after the head gasket

I NEVER use the end gaskets. Get everything ready, and then lay a big bead of RTV front/ rear, and sit the intake down and quickly get it in place. Then take your finger/ a towel and smooth the bead into place. If you do this right, they will not leak.

shes got it right.

I just use RTV Ultra Black for the end seals. Put a thick bead down, let it set up a couple of minutes, set the intake and bolt it down. I will take a razor knife to whatever oozes out the next day after it hardens. I haven't had a leak doing it this way.

i never use the end gaskets. Get everything ready, and then lay a big bead of rtv front/ rear, and sit the intake down and quickly get it in place. Then take your finger/ a towel and smooth the bead into place. If you do this right, they will not leak.

x2

-
Back