Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For a rebuilt 360 nearly stock, except for a mild cam 220* intake duration, ignition and maybe headers in an A body with 727 what intake would you run if you had a choice between:
Weiand Stealth
Weiand Action Plus
Edelbrock Performer
Crosswind air gap
Curious to what everyone likes most.

Stealth and Action Plus are the same minus the carbs abilty to use a TQ.
The Performer will be fine and the RPM a few ponies better at best because the cam is still small.

LD4B is too small. LD340 would work, but finding one that hasn't been toyed with is tricky and they aren't getting any cheaper, when you do find one that is good enough to clean up.

For what it's worth the Action Plus/ Stealth is nearly identical. The runner pattern is the same, only the runners are a smidge longer and the Weiand has better casting uniformity... And they're available.

I voted Action plus, because you can run both square and spread bore carbs on it, if you ever do decide to play with a ThermoQuad.

You may give a Street Demon a run. Same gig, only it has a nice idle air bleed at the front to stabilize/ center the fuel in the intake plenum. RPM Air Gap is a good manifold, but totally unnecessary on an engine that won't give you heat trouble.

It would be a toss up between the Action + or the Performer for an engine with those specs. Either would be fine.

Is air cleaner to hood clearance an issue??? That air gap may be too tall for some applications.

You can use any of those on an A body. The key with the low hoods on these cars is to pick a good air cleaner. Any of the drop base air cleaners work fine. Some of the open element cleaners work well, too.

Although it was not a choice, I'm with Johnny Dart on the Eddie Performer RPM. The regular Performer is designed for the small port LA heads, the RPM for the larger port heads of the 340 & 360. The carb sits a little higher in the car with the RPM than the Performer.

I would have listed the RPM, but it was not one that is available to me at this time. These 4 manifolds are what I have to choose from. Thanks for the replies!

I thought the stealth I looked at was a good intake. The performer 318/360 has much smaller port cross section volume. As far as the ld4b and ld340 go they are quite different intakes. The ports are reversed with the upper and lower runners having the closer pair on opposite sides like a mirror image.

Crosswind, it is the same as the rpm airgap, maybe even better cast then the eddys these days.

I wonder if the air gap isn't the best choice period. You definitely won't lose anything besides hood clearance, but have room to grow down the road if you decide on increasing the performance of your motor.

Edelbrock intakes have been dyno prover to be better than the other choices.

Says who? Post proof where the regular Performer pulls better than the Action plus. This I gotta see.

The crosswind is the latest design on that list. If you want a USA made piece the Performer is the only choice as Weiand and Professional Products are foreign made with a US front office.

Intake manifold pole? Is that what you use to keep your hood open when your springs go???

LD340 if you can find one. LD4B is the same but smaller ports to use on 318 heads

the above.

The stealth, last one i saw, was the difference between a performer and an rpm and would be second being thats its on your list and part of the question.

-
Back