Intake manifold recommendations

-

xring

Reaction score
Any favorite intakes? I figure I'll need a single-plane manifold for my planned build, 340/416 with cam around 280*/.525".

Any experience with the Mopar Performance single plane manifold?

I'm getting my hit list ready for Carlisle, hoping to score some good used parts.

Thanks.

With that small cam I'd go with an Eddy Air-gap or RPM if your in a cold area. I'm building a 408 (360 stroker) and running more cam and am using the Air-gap. Reason is single planes generally give up more low end torque than you gain up top. Possibly after 6,000 the M1 would produce more power than the Air-gap but under that a I doubt it. No experience with the M1 but I haven't heard anything bad about it. If I was wanting a single plane it would be my first choice.

BTW: I first had an old Eddy Torker340 on my 360 and swapped it for an Air-gap and man what a difference. Like night and day. Pulls harder through the whole rpm range of 2500-6000.

You need much more cam as was said. A single pane will be fine on that build, and I doubt if it will give much up in terms of response witha smaller cam.

I don't have the cam yet but intended to follow Comp's recommendation of the XS282S; which is a 244*/252* @0.050" / .52/.54" cam.

Not wanting to have to use a convertor of more than 3000 rpm.

For a weekend-only driver/occasional dragstrip you think I need more? Was shooting for around 475hp.

With your setup the Air gap will perform just fine,i run one on my 416 with more cam and more power,and i very happy with the results,as far as a single plane i picked-up a Weiand recently and port-matched it,hoping to test it before the years out...the victor 340 is another good single plane,the torker 2 had one before was not happy at all with the performance..

SB stokers like the Victor, but the Air-gap would be my second choice (first choice if it is mainly street)....If you go with the Air-gap, get a 1" spacer...I currently run with an Air-gap, but I think its holding my combo back a little up top.

stay away from the torker and torker 2.i ran an m1 on a built 318 with decent results.if you are sure you want to run a single plane,i suggest modifying it with a "turtle " in the plennum.you will get better throttle response due to the reduction in plennum volume,and better fuel distrabution.im currently running an x-celerator with a custom turtle on my 340.try doing a search for brodix turtle,and if they dont have one for your application they can make it for you.

I HavE The Same Cam In My 340 520/540 But 550/570 With 1.6 ,summit Stage111/crosswinds Air Gap, 750 Dbl. Pumper, Its A Real Torquer. Should Be Asphalt Ripper With The Stroker

I have an extra Weiand Excellerator single plane I would sell cheap if you are interested. It has been painted and only has 3/4 of a mile on it.:-D

-
Back