intakes

-

68ddart

Reaction score
i have a edlebrock performer intake for my 340 ...i have been reading that the edlebrock Ld 340 is the best and i have seen some ld 4b edlebrock intakes for sale....i can use what i have or buy one of the others...any suggestions? its a stock 340 j heads 354 gears automatic small cam...thanks

If it's strickly a driver and you want mileage, keep the Performer. If you want more power, the LD340 will give you somewhere 15/20hp more, mainly at the top end.

A lot depends on the engine build/combo. (And your combo is???????)

For the 340/360, I have found that an intake can make or break a engine in some builds and in others, well, not really matter much at all. Many will point that this one or that one is worth X amount more than the other one. While there is merit in that statement, often the cost of a change is not really justified or were talking about 550-600+hp engines where some jack *** is sqwaking about how he needs to get another intake or you need another intake for another 10hp. LOL, like you would notice it! ROFLMAO!

The way I see it;

Stock iron - good intake. IMO, I like the TQ model a little better with a TQ on top.

Performer - about the same as a OE intake. Slightly smaller ports than OE. This is good for a high velocity intake charge. This means power. But, the smaller ports give up sooner than OE iron.

RPM/RPM Air-Gap, Weiand's Stealth and Action Plus
All are in the 1500-6500 area and will make a great street engine growl to a light racer run!

If your looking at a single plane and a carb, look to MoPars M1 single plane, Holley Strip Dominator or a Edelbrock Victor. These are streetable single plane intakes with excellent power abilty. But by now, your looking at a bit more than your describing. So, look at it as a warning as well for streetabilty and your build. These intakes can tank your mild mill.

thanks for the info,i guess then for my 68 dart im thinking a factory intake with a carter carb?or thermal quad as suggested, is that the best they had in 68? ...because if theres not much to gain then i will go for the stock look for now .. and let me know of any for sale ? really appreciate the info!

-
Back