Interduce myself to y'all.

-

Mommairene1

Reaction score
Hello my name is Irene but my user name is mommairene1. I hope this forum is what I am needing and looking for, because I have been having a heck of a time trying to get my little Saturn Ls1 back on the road. Don't like not having no wheels, because unfortunately it's hard to depend on others when you really don't have others to depend on. But my reason for coming to this forum is seeking a answer for I think is not a difficult question. I had to replace my ignition switch and ignition lock cylinder and now I am having problems getting it back together and getting the mechanism inside the housing to engage with one another switch to cylinder. Plus I have a red wire that has come loose from somewhere that is I believe factory spliced into a bigger red wire that goes into the ignition switch. I'm hoping I can figure out how to upload some pics of what I am talking about. Now let me state that when I bought the cylinder it was just the hardware that holds the tumblers... no outer sleeve. But when I got to really looking at the pics of the inside of the housing there looks to be a piece that I believe is part of the sleeve that was on the old cylinder. Someone please tell me what to do with that. And also I have pics of the wire I am speaking of. I need to know where it hooks up to and maybe be able to tell me what it does. Now I'm going to go see if I can upload these pics.

IMG_2023-09-24-16-05-33-017.jpg

IMG_2023-09-24-16-05-50-117.jpg

received_694338582136889.jpeg

received_1577632502978018.jpeg

received_695268102468873.jpeg

Take the green wyre from a Mazda that is gray and cross it over and you can see it will werk. Oh, wellcum by the way!

Hello my name is Irene but my user name is mommairene1. I hope this forum is what I am needing and looking for, because I have been having a heck of a time trying to get my little Saturn Ls1 back on the road. Don't like not having no wheels, because unfortunately it's hard to depend on others when you really don't have others to depend on. But my reason for coming to this forum is seeking a answer for I think is not a difficult question. I had to replace my ignition switch and ignition lock cylinder and now I am having problems getting it back together and getting the mechanism inside the housing to engage with one another switch to cylinder. Plus I have a red wire that has come loose from somewhere that is I believe factory spliced into a bigger red wire that goes into the ignition switch. I'm hoping I can figure out how to upload some pics of what I am talking about. Now let me state that when I bought the cylinder it was just the hardware that holds the tumblers... no outer sleeve. But when I got to really looking at the pics of the inside of the housing there looks to be a piece that I believe is part of the sleeve that was on the old cylinder. Someone please tell me what to do with that. And also I have pics of the wire I am speaking of. I need to know where it hooks up to and maybe be able to tell me what it does. Now I'm going to go see if I can upload these pics.

View attachment 1716146194

View attachment 1716146195

View attachment 1716146197

View attachment 1716146198

View attachment 1716146199
Sorry young lady I have no idea. There might be some Saturn owners here, but this board is meant for Chrysler/ Mopar people and in that case an "A" body is not GM, but the older Dart/ Valiant and pre--70 Barracudas, as well as the older Plymouth Dusters and Dodge Demons

I don't mean to run you off, but here are likely few here know that answer.

“So just let me introduce myself my name is Humpty, pronounced with the Umpty”

Sorry seen the title and could help it. If you know then you know.

-
Back