Interesting 340/Mag heads dyno results

-
Not yet. December 1 is (the australian) Mopar nationals at Heathcote, victoria.

Never tried my hand at drag racing before but I'm hoping there's a 12.99 in the car itself.
(3000 stall, 3.7 gears. 235/60R14 eagers)

I'm just thinking is there a Dyno registry of some kind for FABO? that would be cool?

This is the main reason I came out with the Classic Cruisers. They are mild little 360's and 440's. loads of vacuum and fat power curves.

The 360 Classic Cruisers make 375HP 405TQ, mostly stock type stuff, like old smog 360 heads, stock type stamped rockers, 9 to 1 compression ect.

The 440's are making 450hp 500tq with the same treatment as the 360.

Nice little 340. We will have one on the dyno this coming week(a 340 as well), we will see how it stacks up.

What heads and cam Mike?

Like I said earlier I can't wait to see how my 347 with the vaunted '302 heads and small VooDoo 213/220 cam stacks up. Lunati claims 19" idle vacuum and I can see that with the way wide 112 LSA. I'm guessing with the long 3.58 stroke and much higher piston speeds that it will make 25-30 ft/lbs more than this 340 @ the same rpms. J.Rob

Not yet. December 1 is (the australian) Mopar nationals at Heathcote, victoria.

Never tried my hand at drag racing before but I'm hoping there's a 12.99 in the car itself.
(3000 stall, 3.7 gears. 235/60R14 eagers)

I'm just thinking is there a Dyno registry of some kind for FABO? that would be cool?

Cool, hopefully I'll be there myself.

But I'd grab some 235 drag radials for traction If I were you. You've got the horsepower for 12s, the converter and gears are suitable, it's the traction that'll kill you.

What heads and cam Mike?

Like I said earlier I can't wait to see how my 347 with the vaunted '302 heads and small VooDoo 213/220 cam stacks up. Lunati claims 19" idle vacuum and I can see that with the way wide 112 LSA. I'm guessing with the long 3.58 stroke and much higher piston speeds that it will make 25-30 ft/lbs more than this 340 @ the same rpms. J.Rob

Will be interested in hearing how that build goes too.
OP's engine makes a LOT of torque IMO, 25-30ft/lbs would be a substantial increase. Especially on a 112 LSA. be sure to keep us posted!

Cool, hopefully I'll be there myself.

But I'd grab some 235 drag radials for traction If I were you. You've got the horsepower for 12s, the converter and gears are suitable, it's the traction that'll kill you.

Yeah, but it's a street car. I drive it most days on the road and i wanna know what it is capable of in a 100% legal street friendly configuration.

Drag radials might come be on the cards next time though.

fair enough, been there too. Used to enjoy driving my old Charger to the track, running 12.7 and driving home on 235 Kelly chargers. I've got a VF ute here that I want to get into the 12s with a 318

What heads and cam Mike?

I have built a few and I have used anything from J heads to smog 596 head and even a set of 308 heads. They all made the same power, 365-375HP and 400TQ. I have used 3 different cams, all in the mid to high 200" duration and .475-.500 lift and they all made the same power in the same rpm range. The biggest cam I used was the Voodoo 60403. It made good power, 15-17 inches of vacuum.

That's very similar to my build. I have a .030 over 340 block with a 3.58 stroke crank and KB pistons with a comp. ratio at 9.68. Used stock EQ magnums with a Hughes HE219/228 hydraulic cam. A Mopar dual plane M1 with a Eddy 650 carb. I put 340 exhaust manifolds on it instead of headers, so I know I lost a little bit there. But still you got 331 horsepower and really good torque numbers with your mild engine. Maybe mine isn't to bad. It idles nice with about 16 inches of vacuum, and burns 89 octane fuel with out ping.

Yeah, but it's a street car. I drive it most days on the road and i wanna know what it is capable of in a 100% legal street friendly configuration.

Drag radials might come be on the cards next time though.
I'd say 12.9 is very possible with the gears and converter you have , tires would be a big help . That's one of the problems I have is traction , plus a 2200 stall converter , my 60 ft times suck . But it is dead reliable , starts and runs every day , a street car with 6 -8 runs a year
Good luck on your run .

Nice little streeter. I keep fighting myself over how much power I really need. A motor like this would likely be plenty for 90% of us.

-
Back