Interesting MOPAR More-Door I saw today....Still Cool but LOL!

Would you drive it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
Gave a Co-Worker a ride home today to a part of town I don't normally visit and saw this Early Mope which caught my eye parked down a side street a couple of blocks from his house. Since he gives not a chit one about old cars I dropped him off and returned for a closer perusal.

I mean this Early Dodge has about all the bases covered, kinda like watching one of those old Leslie Neilson movies, every time
20210513_170615.jpg
20210513_170644.jpg
20210513_170752.jpg
20210513_170735.jpg
20210513_170806.jpg
ya see it you catch something different..Ha Ha Ha!

Yea, Yea, Yea, know it's not an A-Body but Car is still cool and I'd Super Pimp it and be Flossing in style.

Enjoy!

My dad was a Tampa Fl. City cop. I remember as a kid 7-8 years old riding in that very same model. Ah the smell of stale cigarettes like it was yesterday. Fond memories for sure.

I don't see a thing ............wrong. I had a 64 "440" body 426 later had a 440 in

‘64 Dodge 440. It’s not the 330 model because only the 440 came with the Playboy Bunny decals on the C-pillars.

64 dodge. Dad brought to of them home in the early 70's. A gold 2dr for mom and a beater red/white 4dr for himself. Both 318 cars. Mom's floated like an Imperial and Dad's rode like a tank.
My 3 favorite memories in them? 1 - Going to Pop's in flood type rains, the Patapsco River Bridge over Rte 648 was under more water then Dad thought. 1972 as hurricane Agnes was hitting us. I was 5. Water was deep enough to splash up under the hood and soak the distributor. Came to a stop mid bridge. Water coming in at the bottom of the doors. Some dude in a pick up pushed us out with his bumper to Dad's trunk lid. Dad said he didn't care - just needed to get off the bridge. We went home a different way.
2 - in Mom's car, my sister and I were fighting in the back seat. Mom was driving with one hand and smacking us with the other. With every smack she went faster. Yup - got pulled over and got a speeding ticket 6 blocks from home.
3 - Mom's car again. About 1974? Camping somewhere in VA. Dad was taking us kids to the lake to try some fishing. Driving too fast for the road we were on. Came to a really tight turn he wasn't expecting. Smashed on the brake's and my sister went head first over the center of the front seat and bent the heater control knob with her forehead.

I don't see a thing ............wrong. I had a 64 "440" body 426 later had a 440 in

Yea, after posting and looking at it online, a lot got lost in the pics and it looks domestic but seeing it in person with the:

*Windshield all smashed in

*Playboy Bunny

*Coon Tail hanging from the bumper

* White Shag rug on the rear deck

* Single exhaust

Like I said though, cool car and looks good with those Steelies. Gonna try and make contact with the owner and learn more about it, guessing it's one of the local college students.

Really like them b-body more doors. That one looks in good shape too.

really don’t like the colored hi beams and all the stickers. But that’s my problem no the owners. LOL

The thing I noticed about driving that generation of B-bodies, is that they really ride well. I don't know if it's the wheelbase, or track width or what, but IMO, they just ride way better than an a-body, especially over long distances.

Single exhaust on the driver's side = slant 6. It's cool. I'd drive the wheels off it.

I always did love the 4 doors.
I've had a few over the years, and still have some for future projects........

Back in the early to late 70's, there was a C body 66-67 Plymouth terrorizing the streets in the south part of Houston. It had a nasty sounding big block in it & it ran really well also. In all of the time we were street racing behind the airport, I never saw him lose a race. The car left hard & was just shy of pulling the front wheels. I moved away & lost contact with that Mopar crowd & have always wondered what happen to them.

I'd bet it runs like a "raped ape" and lays rubber all the way down the street for as long as ya stay in it or till the tires fry off...

-
Back