interior and brake lights??

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
just wondering if the brake lights and the interior lights operate off the same fuse or relay. lost my interior lights and i just noticed my brake lights arent working. i do have headlights and turn signals though. anything to check besides the fuses gonna get at it later if it cools down out cause man its hotttt thanks

dug out the owners manual and the fuse is one in the same if anyone else may need to know.

check multiplug from rear loom connecting to front loom,location behind kick pannel drivers side in line with lower door hindge, interior light wire yellow, brake light pink.............from memory........:read2:

Wonder if they put those two on the same circuit on purpose. I had a 75 duster (a beater)that if my interior light didn't work I knew to check to see if I had brake lights.

Yep, it's a safety feature to alert you to the lack of brake lights. Figure out why the fuse blew -- usually due to a brake light feed wire chafing, losing its insulation, and grounding out on its way from the front to the back of the car, often at a metal edge near the socket itself.

-
Back