Interior Brush Paint for dash

-

ninoshrv

Reaction score
Hello all. I know this topic has been beat to death...I have searched the forum for interior paint and it seems as though everybody is using aeresol canned paint to redo their interiors. I need to freshen up my interior, specifically the chrome trim around the instrument cluster and the black suede looking areas around the factory radio, knobs, and below the wood grain portion of the glove box. I would rather use brush paint, especially since the trim is so small. Also, I want to paint the chrome trim to Black to make it look a tad bit bolder. Are there any good brush paints I can use to complete this job???

Any help is appreciated MOPAR family

i'd try testor Model car paints, i restored the gauge cluster in my dakota with them and you can find a great variety of them at Hoby Loby... it will take a bit of time though, other option would be to go to your local sherwin wiliams or auto body suply shop and have them mix you a quart of the paint you want (although i believe you may need to mix reducer/hardner in it

I am going to have my dash done with the auto body paint, tape off the bottom half and matte black the top of it.

Make sure you use a good brush. The tester's model paint works very well, but without a good brush, the results will be less than spectacular. Go to any art store and buy a natural bristle or a high quality synthetic bristle brush for oil based paints if you are using the testers. There are a gazillion sizes, so spend a while looking them over. Post some before and after pictures. Good luck!

thanks for the input...i will be picking up some supplies this weekend and working on my project

-
Back