Interior Color Combo Dilemma

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
:help: With the 25% discount Legendary is giving this week I'm thinking of ordering some interior items even though I'm nowhere near needing them. I have a bit of a dilemma on the color combo & am asking for opinions. My car is a 64 Barracuda, originally white with a gold interior. My plan is for a two tone black & gold exterior. I plan to go back with the original gold interior but can't decide on a carpet color. Legendary offers three colors that would probably work, Gold, Dark Gold, & Dark Brown. I'm waffling back & forth between the Dark Gold & the Dark brown. All of the pics I've seen of a Gold interior show Gold carpet, but my car originally had Brown Carpet. :scratch: The car has been out of service for so long that I can't remember how the brown carpet looked, & what is left of it is so faded that you can't even tell by looking what the color was. Even if I just order seat upholstery I need to know carpet color because part of the seats have carpet on them. The car will be parked inside so I'm not too worried about fading. Opinions, feedback? :dontknow:

I'm not sure the black carpet panels in the seat upholstery would look right but I suppose I could get the seats with gold carpet panels in them & use the black carpet on the floor. It's something to consider.

I think I would go with the Gold carpet if you are doing gold/black ext and gold int

If it were my car white interior with black carpet...................LOL

A friend of mine has a beautiful black ext. '65 with black and gold interior. I believe everything in the interior is black except the dash/pad and UDFs (which are gold). It really is striking.

BTW: Now that you have mentioned the sale with Legendary, you have me debating whether or not to throw down for a new interior for the GTX for when the time comes to go through the entire car. With two other projects in front of it, I can't see it happening for another 4-5 years. What to do ... what to do?

BTW: Who is our Legendary member here on FABO?

The notice for the sale is in the Vendors section. It was posted by lail1985. It's only good through tomorrow, the 24th.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=36894

Thanks, just read it and am wondering if I could buy for the GTX since it is A-body Week". I just went on their site and filled up my cart with $2100 worth of parts for it. 25% is a great discount but just have to figure out if I can throw out $1600 right now for a project that I won't get to for another 4 or so years.

Thanks, just read it and am wondering if I could buy for the GTX since it is A-body Week". I just went on their site and filled up my cart with $2100 worth of parts for it. 25% is a great discount but just have to figure out if I can throw out $1600 right now for a project that I won't get to for another 4 or so years.

Hope to get to mine in less than 4 years, but you know how things go...........
Quick question. Will the molded carpets hold their shape in storage?

Hope to get to mine in less than 4 years, but you know how things go...........

Oh yes I do. I have been just keeping the GTX up and running until I get to it but it is third in line right now behind the '69 Barracuda and the '35 Ply coupe. The '69 is almost there - just need to get the motor finished and back in (along with some pinion angle tweaking). The '35 is going to take awhile although the motor and trans should be done in the next few months. It's all the fab work (ie. tubs/floorpan/patch panels) and subassembly (ie. steering/brakes/MII, etc.) which will take a lot longer than expected.

Just got off of the phone with Legendary. Very friendly & helpful saleswoman at extension 231 (Jesse?). Ordered Seat upholstery, headliner, & Door panels. Was able to lock in the discount price & they'll start after I approve the color samples they're sending so I have a bit more time to make my final decision on the carpet. Found out they don't make their own carpets so the carpet isn't discounted. Sale is only on items they produce. But I still have to pick a carpet color because of the carpet portion on the seats. FYI, the carpets are produced by ACC. She also told me that the carpets will hold their molded shape fine in storage.

Also, they will only be there today until 5 or 5:30 (can't remember which) EST, & won't be working this weekend because of the holiday so if somebody wants to order after they close they'll have to do it on line or by fax.

-
Back