interior color options

-

orangetwist

Reaction score
hey guys im new here. just picked up a 71 twister hemi orange original paint car, in really good shape. its got a built 360 and 4speed in it right now. i have a question about the interior though. the back seat has been recovered and is the black vinyl with black and orange plaid. the front is original ( i assume by the wear and fade), but it is just black vinyl with orange plaid no black at all and actually even a different plaid pattern than the back. but the back seat is the same black and orange ive seen in a lot of cars and is how its supposed to look, ive found a seat cover for the front to match the back, but have yet to find any that match how the front look. anybody know where i can see like a brochure or chart with the interior colors on it from 71? or know what is up with my front seat.

Hi, I see you own a 1970 Polara. My first car was one. Do you have any pics. ine was triple black. What a fun car that was. Thanks

Hi, I see you own a 1970 Polara. My first car was one. Do you have any pics. ine was triple black. What a fun car that was. Thanks

yeah it is a fun car. it is kinda waiting its turn to be brought back into the modern world now. it is a driver and that is about it. fun in the sun! was yours a convertible as well? got any pics of yours?

DSC01517.JPG

DSC01518.JPG

You need to follow the fender tag to assure that you are correct. Mopar was known for it's divergence from what is considered stock. You could order any car with what ever interior and any engine combo you wanted. You could even order a Hemi 4 door with the 4 speed if you wanted. A common option was to delete the cloth seats for the vinyl seats to make a sale.
In 78, I ordered a Volare. Wouldn't give me the vinyl seats unless I ordered the Primer option. But they allowed me to delete the Premier side moldings. That is what I did. Very clean outside looks with the better interior.

Biggest thing is WHAT DO YOU WANT!

Man, that car is beautiful! I've always loved the c-body cars. Mine was a four door but that didn't stop me from fixing it up. Don't have any pics i can find. I was sixteen when i had it. Do you have any plans of selling yours or do you know anybody else that might have one for sale? Wouldn't mind having one again. Have fun with it. It look like a nice car!

at this point no i am not thinking about selling. if you are intrested in finding one i can look though. they are around......

Thanks anyway. I've got my hands full with my duster. Haven't got enough cash to finish her first. lol. One day, who knows. Disc brakes on the back is this winters project. Tore it apart the other day. Have to fabs some brackets to finish project.

-
Back