Interior parts interchange? 1973 vs. ??

-

Kent mosby

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1973 scamp.(2 door). I need to replace the back seat cover and the door panels. What models are compatible with this. For example, when looking at Legendary and Classic industries, Sometimes they list compatibility with Dart Swinger or Duster or dart sport coupe. Something like this.
  • 1973 Dart Swinger hardtop
  • 1973 Swinger Special hardtop
  • 1973 Dart Sport hardtop
  • 1973 Duster hardtop
  • 1973 Scamp hardtop
Yet sometimes they only include Scamp or valiant. When searching for parts, the scamp is harder to find than the dart models.
My question is.... What models are compatible for interior parts for the 1973 scamp and what other years can I search for that may be compatible? I read that some earlier years were possible. Some are not..

For example, Arm rests for 1968-1972 are listed as different than the 1973 to 1976. but the carpet is the same for 1967-1976.. So confusing... Is there any parts exchange list for the A-bodies. Right now, I am looking at interior parts, upholstery, carpet and such..

Thanks for any guidance..

No, carpets don't change much, because floor pans the only real change was 74 or75 for catalytic converters. There were definitely other changes from 72-74. Earlier years the top inside of doors was metal. Later went to plastic. Not sure if all models had one year only windows and regulators in 73. I know Dusters did, but I think the panels interchange with 74 up. I believe the window crank is higher on earlier ones. Back seats I don't think style changed much, but I believe the fit is slightly different some years due to seatbelts. Not sure if A bodies had style difference on panels between Dodge and Plymouth. A lot of things may fit between models, but styles and colors might be different. If you are spending the money for Legendary, I would be talking to them and confirming with pics and color samples.

Thanks, I use legendary because their website is more thorough but I do not want to purchase there. Is there any interchange listing anywhere?

-
Back