Interior plastics

-

Porkchop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for new plastics for my son's 1974 dart swinger. Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm re doing the dash and the plastic is all jacked up.

Thanks
Porkchop

Are your plastic parts beyond repair/ restoration or do you need perfect?? A lot can be done to refurbish old parts if not destroyed beyond that. I have not seen any new reproductions. Members on this forum may have some stuff from cars being parted out.
Yote

No they're definitely not beyond repair. The Chrome is just wore off of them and some of the stuff is peeling but they're not broken or anything.

Porkchop

I removed the pieces on my ‘72 Demon, cleaned and repainted. I used a silver permanent marker for the chrome. Not a true ‘chrome but doesn’t look too bad.
I believe that there are shops that can restore them but may be quite a few $$.
Yote

B0E7EA4F-6A05-43D4-A4E7-A278AA450CE9.jpeg

B0AB71BE-3453-40F1-B187-6E40B8EF3137.jpeg

That looks really good. I like the silver sharpie idea. I'm going to do that today.

Porkchop

Your luck with the paint pens must have been much better than mine. After trying 3-4 of them is when I gave up and used the sharpie. I could not keep the paint pens flowing. Possibly a different brand would have helped. I did however give the entire dash pieces a coating of rattle can polyurethane (carefully) not on gauge or speedometer clear plastic though.
Yote

-
Back